Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Car tyre puncture
  • mrmo
    Free Member

Just discovered an inch long screw sticking out of my cars front tyre. Must have picked it up this morning as it was obvious that the tyre was soft.

It is right in the middle of the tread, on a fairly new tyre. I believe that some situations are fixable, other are not. Could anyone tell me what the rules are, before i look at getting it fixed or just start internet price hunting for a new tyre

uplink
    Free Member

If it’s in the middle as you describe – I’d expect it to be fixable

nickjb
    Free Member

holes in the side wall will scrap it. in the tread should be ok

johnhoo
    Free Member

exactly. I had one near the sidewall in a 6-week old tyre. there went another £120 🙁

Pickers

Also had 1 a couple of weeks ago, about an inch and a half in from the sidewall – far enough in to be fixable. Cost me £21 for a repair. Pleased. Could do worse than take it in and ask

philly5
    Free Member

Should be repairable as i had one in mine last week and cols tyres in halifax sealed for the honest price of five pounds….good do!

jazzpootle
    Free Member

I fixed one with my tubeless repair kit. 10000 miles later and still going strong! Another 10000 and I’ll need a new tyre. I will post back in a years time and let you all know how I got on.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Car tyre puncture’ is closed to new replies.