• This topic has 13 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by hora.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • car suggestions please
  • DT78
    Free Member

Looking for a car where I can get a med sized full susser in the boot with the parcelshelf on and seats up so it can be left in relative safety in public. Don’t mind a bit of minor taking apart like bars, stem etc…

I,m thinking a big estate should be able to do it? I know I can’t fit it in a focus

flow
    Free Member

V70, Passat, Mondeo, errr you get the idea.

CHB

OR get any estate and chuck a blanket over your bike to hide it in public?

highclimber
    Free Member

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/ford-mondeo-estate-ghia-x-tdci

perfect for fitting bikes and kit into (you do have to remove the front wheel, but that’s hardly a chore!

you’re welcome to come and test drive even (manchester based)

DT78
    Free Member

Do they def fit with the seats up? Occasionally I have to leave the car/ bike overnight in public places blanket over the top or bits showing isn’t what I’m after. Maybe I should take the bike down a dealership and see if they will let me try and wedge it in…

br
    Free Member

Omega saloon, wheels off – or other big saloons?

tonyg2003

Most big estate should be fine, just watch out for the wheel arch intrusions. My last Honda Accord could do it, as can my E class.

highclimber
    Free Member

Do they def fit with the seats up?

I can fit two bikes in with seats up in mine.

oliverd1981
    Free Member

Laguna and Avensis hatches would both take a large sub5, wheels off, seats up. would probaly take 2 if you whipped off the non drive side pedals…

buzz1024
    Free Member

you could always tint the rear windows so no-one can see in

spooky_b329

You can definitely get a bike (wheels off) in the boot of a Mondeo Estate, with the parcel shelf on.

Here it is, with four full bikes in the boot, rear seats up, plus lots of crap tucked in around them. With one bike, it will look half empty. We did take off the mechs and one mech hanger to get four in there, but this was so they would stack neatly.

052 by Ollie and Sally, on Flickr

5lab

that’s not even trying, you can get 5 in the back of a mondeo estate (seats up) with a bit of faff 🙂

OP : in my (ancient) mondeo estate, you can get 2 full size freeride bikes in the boot, with the luggage cover on. I’d imagine all estates of a similar size (vectra, accord, passat, etc) would be the same.

However, you will get more security with a saloon, and in a lot of them you can get a bike in (full) with both wheels on by folding down the rear seat (won’t be as secure but less hassle). If you don’t need the versatility of an estate but if you don’t need that, a saloon will be cheaper.

have a look at 5 series, volvo s80 (very cheap and comfy) etc

hora
    Free Member

Any decent sized estate with a sleeping bag (or better a minging looking duvet or blanket). Glance in and it looks abit euw.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘car suggestions please’ is closed to new replies.