Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 81 total)
  • Capello quits….
  • couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

Jujuuk68 – Member
    Imagine – the very idea of an Italian in charge leaving a sinking ship early……..

Ridiculous…

LOL!

hh45
    Free Member

I’ll stop supporting England if Redknapp is appointed.

Stuart Pearce or Mourinho.

ditto.

What a sham.. Capello is really clever, likes art, cool glasses and good at disciplining our ****t players and Redknapp is almost certainly bent as a five bob note. Say what you like because that is what I believe and I can believe what I like. He has to be dishonest, acting the way he does.

I shall support whoever is playing against us if Redknapp gets the job.

john_drummer
    Free Member

^^ are you familiar with the libel laws of this country? ^^

I’m not but I know enough not to start writing stuff like that on a public internet forum

slimjim78
    Free Member

really?

I’ll 2nd it in that case.

Arry is almost certainly a crook, though not quite to the level of Blatter who is an out and out utter villain to the power of corrupt x1000.

Could still be good at the helm though. O’Neil for me though, Midas touch that man

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Even with someone like Mourinho in charge, anyone who thinks that England have a chance of doing something at a major tournament is smoking way too much skunk.

CaptJon
    Free Member

john_drummer – Member
    ^^ are you familiar with the libel laws of this country? ^^

I’m not but I know enough not to start writing stuff like that on a public internet forum

“A is liable for saying anything to C about B which would be apt to make the average citizen think worse of the latter.”

hh45 is fine.

neninja
    Free Member

The best most ambitious managers wouldn’t touch the England job with a barge pole.

Why on earth would the likes of Mourinho, Wenger, O’Neill etc be remotely interested. It the kiss of death to most managerial careers in recent times.

We’ll end up with Redknapp who personally regardless of his coaching abilities I can’t stand.

GlitterGary
    Free Member

Theninja- Money.

Once he leaves his England job, Harry can then get a pundit job on BBC/Sky, just like his son. Everyone is happy. Maybe.

duckman

Look on the bright side, you are unlikely to be overburdened with false expectation this time. Even Iain Wright (may he cross the road without looking both ways) will struggle to suggest England are one of the favourites.

jambalaya
    Free Member

As a Spurs fan I’d like to see Harry stay but he is the right man for England. O’Neil to Spurs and then after the World Cup O’Neil for England (although he’s said as he was interviewed the for job previously and didn’t get it he regards that “book as closed”).

Pearce is honest and committed but he is no where near ready, he needs to go back to the Premiership.

Mourinho, don’t make me laugh. 11 men behind the ball and try and score on the break, he’s been found out at Real and he’s lot the plot.

JonR
    Free Member

Hodgson for me. Does well with smaller inferior teams and that is what England are.

binners

Oh God help us! Call-me-Dave is doing his man-of-the people, in-touch-with-the-oiks routine. Like when he pretends to like the Smiths and stuff

DAVE HAS SPOKEN

Please make it stop. You’re a ****ing toff! Stop trying to act like you’re not. You’re fooling no-one! And its embarrassing for all involved

Junkyard
    Free Member

toff you say Binners – you are forgetting why the man of the people CMD supports Aston Villa- his dad was friends with the owner – now can you get more Vox populi [ as dave says it] that that?

tbh it does not matter who the manager is the team are a top ten ish team who wont really win anything.
    You can have dour performances like that under capello or you can have blood and thunder that Keegan or Arry would give you…the real issue is how do you prefer to loose?

mikey3
    Free Member

Mourinho found out at madrid!!!! 7points above barca who are regarded as the best team in the world??

JonR
    Free Member

Mourinho who won the treble at Inter?
    Mourinho who trebled the number of league titles that Chelsea had ever won in 2 years of being at the club?
    Mourinho who won the UEFA cup and Champions league back to back with an unfancied team from Portugal and a budget of next to nothing?

That Mourinho?

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Mourinho struggling at the top of the league having won the last 10 gazzilion on the trot…

http://www.skysports.com/football/league/0,,11826,00.html

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Mourinho struggling at the top of the league having won the last 10 gazzilion on the trot…

http://www.skysports.com/football/league/0,,11826,00.html

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Calm down binners, you will have a seizure!

I just hope that they don’t waste money on the role. Different monkey at the top, same players, broadly the same tactics (due to skills limitations and inability to take penalties), same results. Nothing will change.

They could employ anyone from STW and still get the same end result.

Any manager who takes the role on must have a career death wish.

Junkyard
    Free Member

he is talented but he is not stylish and he just cant beat Barca head to head

jambalaya
    Free Member

Mourinho, assaulting Barca coaching staff because he cannot take the pressure. What has he lost 6 of the last 7 against Barca ? I was in Barcelona when Real beat them 1-0 in the Copa del Rey. Real hardly touched the ball, defended the entire match and scored a breakaway goal. Barca and Real get the vast majority of the TV money in Spain, the other teams are just cannon fodder. He’s a very defensive coach, more fools Bayern for falling into his trap in his last CL win at AC Milan. His CL win at Porto was his best, no doubt. That was along time ago.

He won things at Chelsea (only domestic mind, I love how he counts the Charity Sheild as a trophy !) because of Abramovich’s money and having a much better squad that the competition.

No thanks.

jambalaya
    Free Member

If someone can post images and doesn’t mind me emailing them there is a good Redknapp/Capello cartoon going around.

binners

That pretty much sums it up teamhurtmore

Whoever gets it, expect the media to go mental with “we’ve got a new manager, we’re going to win it” nonsense. Cue the ridiculous weight-of-expectation, then failure, then vilification by the self same media.

…and so the whole dismal merry-go-round continues, with nothing changing that actually needs too. Just the usual musical chairs for the managers position

Junkyard
    Free Member

oh binners come on Bulldog sprit 66 and all that come on you slacker — FFS England fans are renowned the world over [ not just for your hooliganism either] for hugely over inflated expectations on an average team of nearly men coupled with inconsolable woe when the inevitable penalty shoot out / German humbling happens

FFS look at germany’s record – semi of every major final iirc and their team is not any better on paper and yet they have the mental strength to score penalties and progress at finals.

Why does this keep happening?

jambalaya
    Free Member

German youth football is superbly organized and coached. They play a tournament roughly once a month, if a match is a draw they decide on penalties. It’s not rocket science that they are better tournament footballers and can score from the spot. Good friend (and MTBer) lived in Germany for a few years and his talented son played football there, the difference vs UK set up was huge.

PS I was at the Euro 96 match, I don’t care if Gareth Southgate wanted to take a penalty, he’d only taken one before and he’d missed that too.

billysugger
    Free Member

Why doesn’t someone allege they’d been racially abused by CallMeDave because in his own words he couldn’t be in charge with that question mark over him.

Guilty until proven innocent, well done Dave.

If someone’s made this point already then sorry, ICBA RATS :mrgreen:

Junkyard
    Free Member

no you did well no one else was that stupid

Stripping him of the captaincy is not saying he is guilty. It is just saying you cannot captain your country if the CPS has enough evidence to charge you with this offence
    Many folk cannot do their job if they are charged with an offence

would you like a teacher or nursery worker accused of sexual acts with minors to be allowed to carry on working at the same place as they are still innocent or would it be prudent to do something based purely on the allegation and the fact the CPS are prosecuting [ this mean they think they have enough evidence to get a conviction btw].
    it is not that hard to see why he has been stripped and i would be unable to work if charged with any criminal offence.
    none of this means i have been presumed guilty but it would be stupid to ignore the fact that I may well be

billysugger
    Free Member

no one else was that stupid

Really, any need? You wouldn’t say it to me so why type it?

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Oh ‘eck, violent undertones here, must be a football thread!

Junkyard
    Free Member

i might, it would depend but point taken.

It is too late to edit or i would.

billysugger
    Free Member

Fair enough.

I didn’t realise he’d been charged. Thought it was just an allegation.

flippinheckler
    Free Member

Hmmm all hot air this England will never win Euro 2012 or any other trophy with the players the next manager has, no matter who they are.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Mourinho, don’t make me laugh. 11 men behind the ball and try and score on the break, he’s been found out at Real and he’s lot the plot.

What a pile of tripe. Yes, his team has struggled against Barca, but they are the best team on the planet ffs, and Mourinho hasn’t had 2 full seasons at madrid.

As said above, Real are way ahead in the league. Mourinho’s record speaks for itself, Englands record does not.

Typical English football fan, Thinks that football ends at the white cliffs.

whatnobeer
    Free Member

Hmmm all hot air this England will never win Euro 2012 or any other trophy with the players the next manager has, no matter who they are.

Doesn’t matter who the manager is unless he can get them to play as a team and change the attitude they have. Until that happens they will win jack shit.

atlaz
    Free Member

That’s all we need! FA’s fault for sure, whether Terry is captain should be up to the manager and only the manager.

I don’t know. If he thinks an openly racist **** like Terry should be captain at all I’m glad he’s gone. We need to start showing players their behaviour in all manner of ways is unacceptable and this is a fair start. If he’s found guilty in court I think he shouldn’t get to wear an England shirt again (except down the pub watching a game) given it was on the pitch that this offense occurred.

Tango-Man
    Free Member

So, John Terry has gone as he is apparently a racist, So, England have no manager as we all know you can’t defend a racist because that make you a racist, so you get Stuart Pearce in charge, an actual person guilty of a racist comment

The incident with Ince allegedly occurred in 1994 during a match between Manchester United and Nottingham Forest.
    The chief executive of the Professional Footballers’ Association, Gordon Taylor, said at the time that Pearce’s alleged racist abuse of Ince was “in the heat of the moment… Stuart regrets what he said, and he’ll be ringing Paul to apologise. Hopefully that will be the end of it”.

GlitterGary
    Free Member

No one expects England to win the Euros. It would be nice to see the team try though. And to get rid of Rooney for good, the hideous cretin that he is. I’d rather see the ‘clean’ and ‘fresh’ Michael Owen up front than him. Whoever gets the job should drop ‘Lamps’, ‘Rio’ and the lionheart that is Terry. Even Matthew Upson is better than Terry. 🙂

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

If England win the Euros I will buy a hat then eat it.

No. A. Hope.

It will be same old same old unfortunately – the nation whipped into a frenzy by the media for the weeks/months before the tournament followed by a couple of close results and England squeezing into the quarters where we get knocked out.

binners

England haven’t got a cat in hells chance of beating Germany, Spain, Italy, Portugal and countless other teams. Whoever the manager is. And I personally think they’ll end up with Woy

But whoever takes over takes over the first thing they should do is walk in and say to whoever was part of the South Africa debacle:

“Get your stuff and get out, you’ll never play for England again! If you had a shred of dignity or self-awareness you should have resigned in shame 18 months ago”

We’ve got some great young players. Let them play. They can’t conceivably be worse than the last lot

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

If England win the Euros I will buy a hat then eat it.

No. A. Hope.

greece won.

capello now linked with chelsea according to the bun when i flicked through the back pages in tesco this morning.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

greece won

They did – I recall watching it on a mini TV at SSMM.

But they played as underdogs and didn’t even think they could do it themselves whereas England still perform like they think thye stand a chance. The minute they start playing like they might have to fight for something then they might stand a chance.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 81 total)

The topic ‘Capello quits….’ is closed to new replies.