Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Cannondale Rush Hi Mod 2 – thoughts please
  • gearsrgood

looking at one of these as a xc / all day full sus bike. Anyone out there got one / tried one , would appreciate your thoughts & experiences.
    I know dave @ stw ran one in the mag but was quite a custom spec.
    I’m 5ft 11 & was thinking of a Large.
    Cheers

IdleJon

I can’t comment on the carbon frame but I’ve got an alu framed 2008 Rush. I’ve owned it for just over 2 years.

I’m also 5ft 11″ (well just a fraction under!) and I’m comfortable on the medium. Size large ‘dales always feel too long for me.

As to the ride itself, I like it a lot. It feels like a playful bike when you want it to, no hidden surprises. I use it for any length of ride, just a general purpose MTB. I am lucky enough to live surrounded by Welsh trail centres, and have a few DH style tracks on my doorstep, and it handles everything I throw at it. I would be happy to buy another if I broke this one.

Dirt mag thought it was a good bike, as did ST. WMB didn’t like it much because it’s an old fashioned design of suspension iirc – insert raised eyes smiley!

EddieFiola
    Free Member

I bought one, and thought it was rubbish and sold it after 6 weeks of xc riding in the alps.

couldgetacarforthat
    Free Member

I’ve got a carbon Rush of ’09 vintage. I like it a lot. Reminds me of my old Marin Rift Zone from a hundred years ago.

My previous bike was a Spesh Enduro with 150mm forks. I found it heavy and whilst the travel was nice I really didn’t need it cos I am a nancy boy.

I think the post by Eddie is valid but in my opinion this isn’t the bike for Alpine trails. Its much more suited for long rides in Derbyshire grinding paste.

couldgetacarforthat
    Free Member

BTW I’m 6″ and large between the legs

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Cannondale Rush Hi Mod 2 – thoughts please’ is closed to new replies.