Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Cannondale Prophet 1
  • GSter
    Free Member

I own a 2008 (White) Cannondale Prophet 1 and it is the mutts nutts !
    I can not believe that 'Dale are not making it in 2010….are they mental or wot?

My Prophet is superb

racing_ralph
    Free Member

i own a prophet also and love mine

GSter
    Free Member

ROFL, you still trimming yours down to the minimum weight you can get? Hows it all going?
    I got rid of my Cranks Bros Mallets and Candys for Looks (IMO, they are much better!)
    Changed the white seat post for a Race Face Zeus and that's about it…..might do more !

racing_ralph
    Free Member

Its a trim as it will ever be at 28.5Lb

GSter
    Free Member

28.5lb…….that's pretty lean for a Prophet !
    Nice work!

gymaint
    Free Member

When are the 2010 bikes out? I fancy the Prophet 1 (the red one) Evans have them on sale at the moment for £1450. If you shop around you can get them for that anyway so I'm trying to decide whether or not to wait for the 2010 model.

Does anyone know what the spec changes for 2010 are or is it just a change of colour? What colour is the new model?

z1ppy

I own a 2008 (White) Cannondale Prophet 1 and it is the mutts nutts !
    I can not believe that 'Dale are not making it in 2010….are they mental or wot?
    My Prophet is superb

did you read the OP? If you want one, buy one now!
    Again I love mine & think C'dale have lost the plot, but that's progress for you

Baldysquirt

My new prophet 2 arrives tomorrow from Wheelbase. Can't wait.

TheSlider
    Free Member

I've got a Gemini that I also love and they stopped doing that to make way for the Prophet and to show there's no bad feeling my favourite shirt has PROPHET emblazoned in big letters on the front. I've always ridden 'dales and they will always make frames that I'll want to buy, so don't worry, just enjoy…..

Dancake
    Free Member

I REALLy wanted a prophet 2 2009 but couldnt find one in med (5 shops sold out/ I gave up) But plenty of 1s left if you can afford it.

Ended up buying a Meta 5.5.2 by some reasoning I cant quite explain..comes tomorrow 🙂

pointless post I know..but I had to tell someone 🙂

Baldysquirt

It does help being small occasionally.

DustyLilac
    Free Member

The Moto and the Perp replaced the Gemini, the Moto and the Rize have replaced the Prophet. Shame they've stopped both, but in particular the Prophet, so simple but sooo effective. I got home at 16.45 yesterday, changed the pivot bearings, rear shock bush and mount kit on mine, drank some tea and was keeping up with an enthusiastically ridden Intense Tracer by 18.15 😀

addy6402

Dusty Lilac – can you tell me where you got your service parts from? I like mine very much and need to give it some TLC! Cheers.

DustyLilac
    Free Member

addy6402

Got it all from BETD, the bearing size is 26 x 15 x 7mm, go for the 'RS Max' version as they are better quality (more balls, less spaces). Went for one of their strong bush kits too.

Another good place for Cannondale parts is Chelmer Cycles.

gymaint
    Free Member

Zippy – As yours was white I thought it was the 2.

Are they stopping making the prophet full stop?

I really wanted an Orange 5, but they are quite a bit more. If they stop making the Prophet I don't know what I'll get.

z1ppy

Mine white? Nah mines raw/siemens team colours, and '06 1000 model.

Stopping making it… apprently yep. Some of the Cannondale worldwide websites have been updates, but not the UK one yet & it's not listed (big thread on MTBR about it too) – I live in hope they keep it going (as it an ace bike), but it pretty desperate hope at the moment.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Cannondale Prophet 1’ is closed to new replies.