Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Cannock trail conditions?
  • kearos
    Free Member

Hey chaps, anyone know what the trails at Cannock are like at the mo i.e. soggy, wet, bit damp, or dry? Driving up from Reading to meet a mate who is driving down from the NW so no idea of what the weather has been like in that part of the world. Any local input appreciated, ta.

bullandbladder
    Free Member

Take crevasse rescue gear to escape from the (according to some) huuuuuuuge braking bumps. Be careful – it’s “dangerous”.

On a less childish note, it was dry as a bone last sunday and riding ok. Not been much rain since.

donsimon
    Free Member

There’s a bit of snow on some of the bigger bumps too, be careful out there.
    Childisillynessh is good.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Dry.

snakebite
    Free Member

dry, been dry all week really.

Scamper
    Free Member

Dry.

clunker

At its best…..dry

rOcKeTdOg

was damp yesterday, damp dust on the rock bits made it a bit slick (or maybe that was the bald summer tyre on the back 😳 ) but no real puddly bits and today has been dry and sunny so i reckon it’ll be perfect

100mphplus
    Free Member

Up there last night, bone dry all round. Oooh I tell a lie, there was one tiny puddle just before the 90 deg right hand berm on the 3rd section of the Monkey, be careful round there it might splash your shins a bit 😆

scu98rkr
    Free Member

You could lose a small child in the braking bumps there. In fact I have so if you see one emerging from one of the aforementioned bumps could you contact me, he answers to the name Alfie.

Scamper
    Free Member

Why does there seem to be a weekly `what conditions at Cannock?’ thread, but for no other trail centre? Is it because people don’t want to take on the DANGEROUS braking bumps, unless conditions are perfect? 😀

kearos
    Free Member

@scamper – possibly because, as in my case, its central so people meet up with mates there despite living nowhere nearby and want to know whether to bother changing the useless in the wet almost semi-slick tyres currently on bike.

Otherwise, cheers chaps, now what tyres for smooth fast trails interspersed with snow capped braking mountains? 😉

Scamper
    Free Member

Ok then kearos for the main trails, racing ralph on the back, rocket ron on the front are fine at the moment. 😀

rOcKeTdOg

ardent front, crossmax rear, 29er versions though

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Cannock trail conditions?’ is closed to new replies.