Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • can you make an air fork plush..?
  • carlphillips
    Free Member

struggling on my dual air revs to make them feel right,
    they seem harsh over small bumps/roots and also nearing the end of the stroke it ramps up and feels harsh … rarely bottom them out due to this.
    Compression is either open or locked out, sag is set at %25 & oil levels etc are ok….
    any tips?

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Plush = Soft and soggy

I prefer ‘supple’ or ‘compliant’ 🙂

But yes, keep it well serviced and there’s not a lot of difference between air and coil. More faff to set air up mind, but more tunable 🙂

EDIT
    RS forks very rarely bottom out at all. I only ever did my Rebas twice in 4 years. IME the last 10-12mm is ‘for emergency use only’ as that’s when you hit the bump stop. They will give that travel and go all the way to the crown, but you have to hit them insanely hard to do it! Normal riding doesn’t do this! 🙂

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

Just keep tinkering with the positive and negative pressure till you find a set up you like.

carlphillips
    Free Member

s_f Ive had them for around 9 months i think and haven’t managed to get there yet..!!!

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Go for a bit more sag I reckon, 30%-ish.

How much use do they get? When were they last serviced? Are you quite light? 🙂

carlphillips
    Free Member

will try more sag, twice to 3 times a week and no (13st)

Zoolander
    Free Member

I run 30% sag on my reba teams and they are fine. Took a while to set them up right , so yes they are a bit fiddly – have to say though a bit of fork juice on the stanchions before a ride works wonders .

neil853
    Free Member

air forks are the best for general riding, they’re a lot lighter and efficent, but for suspension action nothing can be a pair of coil forks. I have revelations and lyrics, the revelations are fanctastic but the lyrics are amazing when you point the bike down. Now some of it will be down to the bigger legs but they seem considerably more active.

jonnych
    Free Member

Try tinkering with a bit more negative air, good thread here

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

My single-air Sectors seem plenty active with 25% sag.

Jeffus
    Free Member

My revs where always better after I let all the air out of the + and –
    and set them up again with the correct pressures, making sure I had the pressures matched.
    Over time the travel on mine reduced as the pressure was lost slightly and they did become harsh, letting the air out and starting again worked for me, great forks.

dirtbiker100
    Free Member

what about servicing? even putting a bit of lube on the stanchions greatly helped my dual air revs. much more “supple and compliant”

dreednya

A lower leg service once every 2-3 months makes the world of difference, even when I thought they did not need it 😀

matthewlhome
    Free Member

I have dual air u turn revs and run the pressures at 140+ and 150-ve. This seems to work well being soft enough to work and firm enough not to dive and squish lots. I am a bit over 13 st

PeteG55
    Free Member

Theres a great thread on MTBR about air pressures on dual air Revs. General consensus is the recommended pressures are way off. I run mine about 90+ and 85-. I weight about 12.5 st with kit on.

messiah
    Free Member

As above… the RS recommendations for my Reba’s are way off. I run much less pressure than is suggested on the side.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘can you make an air fork plush..?’ is closed to new replies.