• This topic has 6 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by los.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Can you cycle the Cotswold Way?
  • los
    Free Member

I’ve been commissioned to write a feature on the towns along the Costwold Way. As I don’t drive I thought cycling it would be an option but limited initial research seems to suggest it’s for walkers only.
    Any thoughts of advice much appreciated.
    Los

nickjb
    Free Member

Only done bits of it but it’s definitely a walking path. Mostly public footpaths, a few stiles. You could probably do a mix of cheeky/bridleway/country lane to visit all the towns along the way but you won’t see much of the actual path. IIRC there aren’t that many towns close to the path anyway.

IHN

There’s cheeky rideable sections, as it is a footpath. Like the man said, you could put together a bridleway/country lane approximation. In fact, that sounds like an idea…

Quite a few small towns and villages along the route.

tang
    Free Member

walk it? i live on the cotswold way and have walked most of it, bits are for riding, but not a great deal.

Trimix
    Free Member

How did you manage to get a commission without being able to drive ?

cotswoldway
    Free Member

Hi,

The cotswold Way is promoted as a walking route only. Some sections that are bridleway and restricted byway are open to cyclists, but these are fragmented. Please see the relevant FAQ on our website(www.nationaltrail.co.uk/cotswold) for further information, or get in touch at cotswoldway@cotswoldsaonb.org.uk.

los
    Free Member

Driving wasn’t an issue – my ability as a writer was. As I say it’s the towns along the Cotswold Way I’m really interested in. I’m sure I can incorporate the rideable sections with roads to get a flavour of the CW and get to the towns I need to
    Thanks for the info, very handy

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Can you cycle the Cotswold Way?’ is closed to new replies.