Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Can I ID this lorry?
  • DezB
    Free Member

Can I find out who’s driving or which company are responsible for this lorry by location etc?
    I need to report it for nearly taking me and another cyclist out this morning.
    Had just turned off the camera, but turned it back on just as it was too far away to get the reg. (My swearing was perfectly captured though)

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Well the trailer is Trans America leasing, but without the reg or trailer id, it’ll be a bit difficult to trace it.

It could be a regular run, so be there again at the same time tomorrow and/or next week.

Also it might be worth contacting your local Trans America depot with the pic and see if they can ID it.

andyl
    Free Member

Well if you have a location and time then it should be traceable as they should know where their trucks are and have been. But whether they will go to the trouble of fining the information is another matter. Police will probably only act if you get the information for them when there has not been any injury.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Well if you have a location and time then it should be traceable as they should know where their trucks are and have been.

It’s a rented trailer attached to a TAL’s customer’s unit, unless you know who the unit belongs too then you need to ID the trailer.

DezB
    Free Member

Thanks, pretty much what I thought. The container is TAL, but without the reg, don’t know who the truck co. is.
    Its not the sort of road I could wait on to pick up a regular run. First time I’ve actually seen an artic like that on it, thought it was a nice, safe country road until today!
    Just put it down to experience I suppose – ie. don’t switch the vid-cam off!
    Nearest in 20 years that was. If I’d ended up in the hedge he wouldn’t have bothered stopping. The cyclist turning right just round that right hand bend was damn lucky too.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Surely someone’s got the skills to make the number plate clear?

DezB
    Free Member

You’ve watched too many Bourne films TSY 😉

thegreatape
    Free Member

Surely someone’s got the skills to make the number plate clear?

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Strangely I get told I look like him.

DezB
    Free Member

Sorted!

Actually I can get ‘DLC’ from the bottom line, but the top is obscured.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Actually I can get ‘DLC’ from the bottom line, but the top is obscured.

That might be enough.

It also looks like a curtainsider as well, so that narrows it down further.

ourkidsam
    Free Member

Looks like CLZ to me

andyl
    Free Member

ahh you are buggered then. Next time catch it up and get a better picture.

DezB
    Free Member

Looks like CLZ to me
    Yeah, the image on Photobucket isn’t as clear as I can see on my screen

ourkidsam
    Free Member

Ah, good stuff

Ben_mw

Yeah, the image on Photobucket isn’t as clear as I can see on my screen

Is the image on your screen clear enough to make out the white lettering top right? That is probably TAL’s serial number. They would be able to find out who has the trailer from that.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

May also be worth finding out if they (TAL) are on facebook or twitter Dez. Post the photo on their wall/twitter feed and see what happens.

5lab

Z doesn’t appear on UK (non northern ireland) number plates afaik

DezB
    Free Member

Nice one DD, I’ll have a browse.

redx

Hugh, we’ve got a Z in the number plate of our van and I don’t think it was registered in NI….

DezB
    Free Member

I’ve emailed TALInternational customer services and the TAL depot in Southampton, maybe I’ll get something, maybe not. Worth a go.

As Ben says, that is probably their unique trailer number at the top right.
    The bent left hand end of the rear bumper could be a distinguishing feature, but TAL probably own hundreds of identical trailers which would make it hard to track down.

As the name suggests, they lease trailers, so can’t be expected to know where any of there trailers were at a specific time, unless…

It is possible that they have tracking devices on there trailers for theft recovery. Some transport companies do, but it’s more common for high value loads than leased curtain siders.
    It might be worth contacting them, although I wouldn’t hold out too much hope.
    1. It’s probably not tracked.
    2. If it is, the system will be set up to input a trailer’s number and find it’s location at any time. It may not be possible to input a location and time to find a trailer’s number.
    3. They probably won’t divulge the information to an individual.

DezB
    Free Member

Quick reply from TAL (Belgium):

A part for the logo (not longer in use anyway as Transamerica container no longer exist) there is no identification on the container that could allow us to know with whom it is currently on lease to. This unit has probably been sold at some point and identification removed (4 letters and 7 digit should show on the right door) – illegal if you need to track the box.

Ah well.

They describe it as a container, although that may just be the translation.
    It looks more like trailer to me than a shipping container.
    It does look like the serial number at top right has been blanked out though, rather than it just being lost in the low resolution picture.
    In which case, I’d say there’s no chance at all of identifying it from that picture without a major nationwide police search to match up the various dents on the back doors.

DezB
    Free Member

Folk may be interested – responses from the company say they can’t help. Howver, just so happens I play footie with a copper- he’s going to look into it for me 🙂
    Appreciate the fact that no-one has blamed it on my poor road skills 😉

(yet)

dirtyrider
    Free Member

Z doesn’t appear on UK (non northern ireland) number plates afaik

used to have a corsa with Z in

BigJohn

UK (non northern ireland)

or GB, as it’s usually known.

DezB
    Free Member

I don’t think there was a Z in the reg!

islander

Could try and watch for it same place and time tomorrow if it is on a regular run. Know you said unusual to see artics in that road though.

PePPeR

Lol I’ve got two vans with Z’s in their reg Plates

or GB, as it’s usually known.

What about the Isle of Wight ?
    That’s in the UK, not in Northern Ireland and not in Great Britain. 😛

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘Can I ID this lorry?’ is closed to new replies.