Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Can anyone tell me about Entwistle Reservoir
  • terrianne
    Free Member

I’ve been climbing today near to Entwistle Reservoir and i am thinking of heading back there next weekend with my bike. Can anyone tell me anything about the place. So far ive only ridden at trail centres but i fancy somewhere new. Is it worth the 40 minute journey from Blackpool?

hallz
    Free Member

The path around the reservoir is very popular with walkers so not a great place to ride. HOWEVER… away from the reservoir there are loads of places to ride. Like most places it will help if there is someone around to show you where to go. I would happily oblige but i’m away next weekend…

samuri
    Free Member

I wouldn’t bother with Entwistle reservoir. Go to Rivington instead. Find Rivington barn and ride from there. Just keep following the path uphill from the barn, there will be other cyclists to follow.

If you insist on starting at the reservoir then I would recommend heading towards Peel Tower above Ramsbottom, some good riding round there.
    In the other direction you can ride towards Darwen and Darwen tower.

Esme
    Free Member

I don’t think there’s much at Entwistle itself – but there’s some lovely riding nearby eg Rivington, Darwen Tower and Roddlesworth Woods, Holcombe Moor.

There’ll be a Shecycles ride at Rivington on 30 December, if you’d like to join us. More details in a couple of days . . . .

hallz
    Free Member
    mtbtomo
    Free Member

I think there’s quite a definite ‘no cycling’ sign on the path round the Res and it is very popular at weekends with walkers.

kingkongsfinger
    Free Member

Nowt around the Entwistle, as above say “Rivvy” is your friend and closer to you.

terrianne
    Free Member

thanks everyone, i wont bother with the reservoir then. Hallz, give me a shout if and when youre riding, and if you dont mind me tagging along that would be very much appreciated.
    Esme, Shecycles sounds good. I’ll definitely come along if i can.

highclimber
    Free Member

entwistle is out of bounds for cyclists as far as im aware and TBH it’s no great loss as it is flat all the way around it. Rivvy is far far better and only over the hill from there.

terrianne
    Free Member

i asked because as i was climbing i spotted a couple of bikes whizzing past. Rivington is my destination this sat for sure

big_n_daft
    Free Member

Entwistle Res isn’t good for riding at popular times, it’s Ok as part of a night ride

sefton
    Free Member

have a ride around darwen tower, blemont reservoir and add entwistle into the loop (maybe park at entwistle carpark) peel tower is a good ride from the carpark.

both the above are better than Rivi IMO

ricardo666
    Free Member

I think there be a rivington pootle this weekend. Have a look for the thread in the forum.

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

Rivington Sunday pootle thread is here

sefton
    Free Member

you going down ian?

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

No, sadly I can’t make this Sunday Craig. Family stuff getting in the way of riding again.

sefton
    Free Member

tell me about it 😉

MrSparkle

Entwistle is ok as part of a cheeky night ride/off peak. Loads more stuff around the area though as mentioned above. Good routes to be had on Darwen Moor and through Roddleworth woods.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Can anyone tell me about Entwistle Reservoir’ is closed to new replies.