• This topic has 118 replies, 34 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by hora.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 119 total)
  • Rivington Forum Ride/Pootle Sunday 9 th december with 10:30 start
  • Junkyard
    Free Member

From this thread http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/tell-me-about-rivington-pike
    there will be a ride at rivvington

Meeting will be on the road up to the TOP barn *and the route will be decided on the day taking into account the weather and local conditions
    About 15-20 miles – or less if you join Binners pub excursion posse 😉

There will be this

and some of this

Pootle pace

All welcome

* meeting point
    http://www.streetmap.co.uk/map.srf?x=362970&y=413970&z=120&sv=362970,413970&st=4&ar=y&mapp=map.srf&searchp=ids.srf&dn=573&ax=362970&ay=413970&lm=0

nbt

It’s pencilled in the diary but we may not make it due to family committments – will hopefully know soon

xherbivorex
    Free Member

i should be there.
    gonna see if ali wants to come to, but not sure she’s up to that distance yet so we may exit mid way through, binners-style…

philbert31
    Free Member

Count me in.

portlyone

I fancy it, depends on travel arrangements. If I can’t beg a lift is Blackrod the nearest/best station?

Junkyard
    Free Member

Adlington would be best [ out the station and head up hill!]I think – not sure where blackrod [station]is tbh
    Horwich is a flatter route though and not that much further [ I think]

I can give you a lift up /meet you if you want to go to Chorley

xherbivorex
    Free Member

is Blackrod the nearest/best station?

yeah. straight up crown lane, cross the junction a bit to lever park ave then about a mile or so up to the barn.

traildog
    Free Member

Yes, Blackrod is nearest. There are fewer trains which stop there so the alternative is Horwich parkway with a ride along Chorley New road. Or Chorley and many exciting options from there but the quickest would be along the road to Adlington. But Blackrod is easiest.

mattrgee
    Free Member

There will also be plenty of this:

but Sundays are pretty quiet though luckily:

grum
    Free Member

I’m going to try and make it to this and also bring my lady companion. Doubt I’ll be riding 20 miles either though!

portlyone

Cheers all. Replaced my split rear tyre with a super sticky minion so want to keep road riding to a minimum!

Thanks for the offer Junkyard, but coming from Manchester.

Junkyard
    Free Member

That is good friday no doubt and I dont doubt we will need to share the countryside respectfully with other users.

Given how respectful and nice we are on the forum I dont think this will be an issue 😉

Grum – its more for me as I did not count cycling up and back from home 😉

To show my awesomeness I may even bring the SS 😯
    Its all do able on a SS if anyone cares

Pook

I’ll be recovering from my Christmas ride

binners

I’m in. Rude not too really. I’m no good at cake as I don’t do sweet stuff, but may attempt some of Graemes legendary Lancashire bhaji’s

Will it be too early for daft santa hats? and whopping out my big shiny baubles?

grum
    Free Member

But hang on JY, if you ride a SS how come you don’t have it in your forum name, and go on about SS gear ratios all the time, and go to special meetups only for other people who ride SS, talk about SS ‘pwning’ trail centre warriors on 6in travel bikes, and have a ‘special’ brand of humour? It’s a lifestyle choice not just a type of bike gearing you can use sometimes, tsk! 😉

My missus makes good cakes, will try and get her on board.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Will it be too early for daft santa hats? and whopping out my big shiny baubles?

euphemism?

I do really like SS it is fun but I dont do it much in summer and never anyone proper hilly. As such I am a pretender to the throne of awesome and am not allowed to join the gang untill I MTFU

portlyone

Oh, just been reminded it’s derby day. Might sit this one out!

badllama
    Free Member

If I’ve sorted out a replacement vehicle by then I’ll be there just look for the bloke on the eye wateringly bright green bike 🙂

hora
    Free Member

Could do it on the way home

simmy
    Free Member

Count me in 🙂

I will not attempt the slab though……

Vortexracing

Just been told 🙄

That we have a Chrimbo do on at the Barn on the Saturday night. Last year I was completely arseholed slightly intoxicated, so i will have to play it by ear.

I suppose She could just leave me there for you reprobates to pick me up in the morning 😆

zokes
    Free Member

Sadly I’ll be sitting this one out. Rivi isn’t as local as it used to be for me!

Junkyard
    Free Member

shame zokes

perfect bivvy weather and i will bring your bike up 😉

elltell
    Free Member

Ive been meaning to try this route. Im doing two laps of Llandegla the day before.

If any of you want to get involved in any of our trips, join our facebook group where we tend to organise events.

Afan, Antur, Glentress are in the pipeline.

Faceplant UK Mountain Bike Weekends – http://www.facebook.com/groups/450495944968490/

dontdropthesoap
    Free Member

Would this be suitable for a fat unfit sod like me?

Junkyard
    Free Member

It would be perfect just ride with Binners and you will look awesome 😉

IN all seriousness a couple of steep bits a few long but not so steep hills but we will never be that far from the start point if you want to bale

All are welcome.

dontdropthesoap
    Free Member

I’ll be there if I can get back from visiting family in time.

grum
    Free Member

Only if you’re realistic about your chances of being able to snatch my ‘fattest most unfit sod’ crown. 😛

binners

Words like ‘fat’ and ‘unfit’ are all relative. And as JY handily pointed out, I am indeed going 😀

woody2000

I’m gonna try and make this (mainly to see what Hora looks like on a bike!). Xmas do the night before however so we’ll see!

Junkyard
    Free Member

Evening bump

sefton
    Free Member

I might try and come over

neil_enty
    Free Member

great idea, I can’t make the date though, but will look forward to the next one.

yoshimi

Go on then, but depends on the cake situation…?

Vortexracing

Hope there is less Ice than tonight, bottom of the ICR was lethal !!!

nbt

Don’t forget the Macc-fest pootle the following week

Vinte
    Free Member

This sounds good. I think I’ll come along. It will be my first forum Pootle.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Pre ride bump to make sure you have not forgotten about it and to ensure it wont be me looking for Binners in the rain again as he hides in the pub

Weather looks like it will be dry but I suspect it may be a little cold so wrap up warm or ride very fast

No snow yet but some forecast for the area for today so there is a possibility of snow

ton

sweary boys xmas do on sunday, or o would have been up for this Johnnie.
    have a good un mate….. 😀

binners

JY – Are you worried about the result of the derby? I know that it was very traumatic last time. I can only assume that this is some sort of therapy. Out riding instead of potentially re-living last years experience. We may catch the second half somewhere. Depending on the half time score obviously. Otherwise I’ll just go and ride the Belmont again 😉

See you Sunday

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 119 total)

The topic ‘Rivington Forum Ride/Pootle Sunday 9 th december with 10:30 start’ is closed to new replies.