Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Camping it up in the SE
  • mrfox
    Free Member

The missus and I were due to head to Sutherland and Torridon for a bit of walking (she no biky) on Monday but really, looking at the forecast, I'm thinking a bit of lazy UK sun is a better idea. Anyone here recommend a relaxing, friendly campsite in East Sussex or Kent? Somewhere I can sit on my arse and read books in peace for a week.

glenp
    Free Member

Not E Sussex or Kent, but if you fancy camping bang in the middle of the best riding in the SE then Etherley Farm at Leith Hill is well situated, if very basic.

mrfox
    Free Member

Cheers Glen – This isn't meant to be a biking trip though. The last time I tried to introduce the wife to MTBing it was at Les Get about five years ago, with a less-than-positive outcome, physical and emotional scars, etc..

wwaswas

WoWo is pretty popular with the middle classes (not sure if it's relevant really but it is) and allows campfires;

http://www.ukcampsite.co.uk/sites/details.asp?revid=6944

will be quite busy at weekends though.

If you want somewhere slightly further south try the forest holiday sites in the New Forest – they're all pretty good.

ukcampsite is good for reviews on all sites, tbh.

jon1973
    Free Member

THIS is an absolutely fantastic site. Well kept, clean and friendly. We've been there a few times now and I can't recommend it enough.

+1 for ukcampsites.co.uk as well.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Camping it up in the SE’ is closed to new replies.