Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 60 total)
  • Camper vans ???
  • epicyclo

Mine’s an old VW LT45.

Missus hates it. The idea was I could do races and she could have all mod cons while being my support. Trouble is she won’t drive it and I’m often too knackered after an event to be a safe driver. So now it’s a tent for me and no support – especially after SSUK toilets 🙁

It now sits in the driveway getting grubby – a large white elephant.

Dave
    Free Member

Stealth camper.

Is yours at Berkshire Bugs Phil?

Drac

Ahhhh!

**** off I resisted this thread this am and now I became weak.

Off to Ebay again now just as I’ve cleared all my loans too.

Dave
    Free Member
    Drac

I know that place is torture think I’ll might have to strike a deal with the Mrs as Lucy finishes Nursery next year so now fees to pay.

rogerthecat
    Free Member

or try here – bit more chilled http://www.brick-yard.co.uk

Elmo
    Free Member

Erm no trouble with mine, you do need to keep on top of it be wiiling to get your hands dirty. But sn’t tat part of the charm?! And i pretty much headed south (from shropshire) every weekend in it.

Wish i still had her. Imported from California by Dub Junkies then I whipped her into shape.

alpin
    Free Member

i bought my old car off a mechanic somewhere across the bridge in kent, enrith or something. he used to import old bays, completely strip them and then jazz ’em up proper. used to sell them on for £15k plus.

want.

phildowling
    Free Member

Dave – Moderator

No mines in a mates in South Wales local to me 🙂
    http://www.bbbcvw.co.uk/

xcstu
    Free Member

A little late post of our old camper 😉

outside

inside

Ended up being to much work but we finished the inside off… fun to drive and you get lots of attention too!!

Mog
    Free Member

We’ve just sold our T25 for a T4 and wish we’d done it earlier. Cheaper on fuel, insurance, safer, nicer to drive….. Thoroughly recommend a T4. Mileage not particulalry important if there’s good service history.

Mog
    Free Member

New Van.

grahamt1980

this is the sort of thing I am looking at

I Like the idea of having a place inside the van to dump all the stuff, although some I have seen have a bed above the garage which looks worthwhile

spooky_b329

This is mine…bought it a couple of weeks ago. Got a day booked off work tomorrow to fit two rooflights, and if I have a really successful day, start on the three windows 🙂

Wasn’t my first choice of van but it is one of the few vans that can legally tow a 2800kg horse trailer.

steveh

What you want grahamt is my van which’ll be for sale in about a month or 2…

Lt 35 race van with space in rear for bikes (10 is the most i’ve had) big bed on top, legal seats for 5, kitchen cupboards, leisure battery, tv, speakers in the rear, 51 plate, 206k miles with FSH, fleet van upto 190k. It was converted by a mate of mine who stopped racing when he had a kid and i got it off him. will be advertised for more but 4250 would take it.

grahamt1980

steveh, hmm sounds good but unlikely to happen until next year sadly.
    But yeah exactly what I am looking at

Andy

Mine

Saloon

Took 4 + 4 bikes inside to the alps last weekend nae bother.

[/url]

Bez

Any stories/pics from anyone who’s taken a standard panel van and kitted it out?

In a year or two I’d quite like to get a cheap high-top Transit or similar and get busy with the plywood…

spooky_b329
    tooFATtoRIDE
    Free Member

My build (early stages of)

http://www.projectcamper.wordpress.com

Someone elses:

http://www.projectvagabond.co.uk/

That's quite an interesting reading there. Thanks

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 60 total)

The topic ‘Camper vans ???’ is closed to new replies.