Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Camerabox – reliable firm?
  • BillMC

Thinking of making a serious purchase from this website based company. Has anyone had experience of them? Are they safe, reliable and quick deliverers? Any observations would be gratefully received.

jimbobrighton
    Free Member

yes – we got a camera from there a few weeks back arrived by courier next day. can't fault em.

edit – cheap too. 🙂

TheDBF
    Free Member

Got my Lumix from them, no probs

Raindog
    Free Member

Loads of posts on TP, not all good by any means. camerabox

TheDBF
    Free Member

Why do people post links that you have to log in to view

bentleywood

Bought my father-in-law a lumix – it was fine but was a euro model with a cheap adapter which I knew he'd hate so I returned a day later. I notifyed them before sending and filled out a return form but it took six weeks to get my refund… They always responded to emails but loads of excuses like the refund system wasn't working etc… in the end I got my refund by hand written cheque in the post. I then picked up the UK version of the camera for £5 more at my local shop!

Raindog
    Free Member

[/quote] The DBF – Member

Why do people post links that you have to log in to view

To piss you off, obviously.

I can precis the threads shown if you like ?

Don't go near them, and if you do, don't expect stuff to turn up quickly. And keep an eye on your card statement as some people have reported coincidental fraud after using them.

DT78
    Free Member

I read the threads about suspect service when I was looking to buy two cameras at easter. In the end they were so cheap I thought I'd give them a go. Got a phone call from them asking me if I was sure I meant to buy two cameras not one, reassured them it wasn't a mistake, both cameras were with me in a couple of days. Very happy.

Militant_biker

Bought from them 3 1/2 years ago – offered me one price for a modified kit on their instant chat, and a higher price when I phoned to purchase.
    Also, the camera was a Euro model, which I assumed would be the case at the price, but came with no manual – so I had to use cunning to extract a manual from the manufacturers website.

Would I use them again? Only if the price saving was the be-all and end-all of a purchase.

PePPeR

I've bought 6 cameras from then in the past two years and they've been very good. Yes it will be a Euro model, so if having an adaptor puts you off then don't go there. But their service has been good, they were out of stock of one camera I ordered before Christmas, but they said it would turn up in one week and it did.

I think people who have bad service tend to shout lots and the people who are just satisfied carry on, so most customer reviews will tend towards the negative IMO.

onewheelgood

Bought a lens from them because it was cheap and because they promised next day delivery. They debited my credit card and then after 4 days, when it hadn't turned up I rang and was told it was out of stock. Told them to cancel the order. 3 weeks later the lens turned up. Got a returns authorisation, sent it back registered signed for, got a refund in about a week.

So on that evidence I would say that they aren't crooks, but could really do with figuring out how to run an effective online sales operation. Hanlon's Razor applies.

MrGreedy

Bought from them in October, no problems with goods or delivery but my credit card was ripped off within a week. The only other place I'd used it was with Wheelpro (i.e. one of the most reputable and respected people in the bike trade) so I'm nigh on certain it was Camerabox wot dun it. Not worth the risk in my opinion.

Innes
    Free Member

I bought from them last summer, and the service was very good, their price was much better than everyone else.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Camerabox – reliable firm?’ is closed to new replies.