Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Camelbak Mule or Dakine Drafter
  • chakaping
    Free Member

I seem to have misplaced by backpack, so need to write Santa a letter for a new one.

Been quite happy with Camelbak bags (the one I lost was “the capo”), but drawn to the Dakine Drafter as a possible alternative to a Mule.

Opinions welcome, thanks.

AlexSimon

Noticed that the Mule was on Blacks 1/3rd off promotion today.
    Works out at forty-odd quid.
    http://www.blacks.co.uk/product/105537/CB-MULE-3L-BLACK-0.html?attribute=4801526

chakaping
    Free Member

Thanks Alex, £46 is a good price but I have a CRC £50 off £100 voucher to use and also need to replace the stuff that was in my wayward bag.

AlexSimon

Actually just noticed that Millets have 40% off everything today and they seem to have similar stock to blacks (same company?)
    That makes it £41.40 for anyone else looking at this thread.

mintimperial

I had a Drafter for a while, the bag is pretty good but the Hydrapak valve on the bladder it came with leaked all the time, and even when I got a brand new replacement valve it had the same problem. Got a Camelbak now, the bag’s not quite as good, but the actual drinky bits are excellent.

SOAP
    Free Member

Mule Nv. The best pack money can buy. IMHO 🙂

superdale
    Free Member

My GF recently replaced her pack with the Dakine Drafter & is very happy with it. Much better fit & comfort than the Camelbak alternative and internal organisation & access is much better. Also the bladder is easier to clean & tube disconnect is via a switch which rotates. Very impressed and better than mine jealous 😕

chakaping
    Free Member

Thanks for the comments guys but in typical STW style I’ve now decided to get something different and I’m going to buy the Dakine Nomad.

I have a couple of Camelbak bladders still so quality and comfort of the actual pack is my main concern.

Still got a smaller pack for short local rides so the Nomad should be able to handle day rides all year round.

steel4real
    Free Member

You done right – the Drafter has quite a low capacity !

chakaping
    Free Member

Cheers, it’s good to confirm that I’m a man of discernment and taste.

groundskeeperwilly
    Free Member

chakaping-evans cycles doing nomads at £49.99 I think. Have not seen cheaper yet and I have been looking for a while….

chakaping
    Free Member

cheers willy, that is where I ordered from – colours a bit limited so I went for the plaid blue one, but I won’t see it when it’s on my back eh?

it works out £45 if you use their 10% off code that ends tomorrow and you get a free £5 voucher to go and spend in an Evans shop too

lostboysaint
    Free Member

Dakine Nomad is a fantastic pack. Used mine for a while. Never had an issue with the Hydrapak valve and the bladder is a **** sight easier to get open, closed, cleaned etc.

Excellent pack layout, loads of fully opening pockets so you can get to your kit without getting muck everywhere.

Mine replaced a Mule, nuff said.

Legoman
    Free Member

Not sure if this is bigger than you need but I can highly recommend the Quechua Trail 27L from Decathlon. Only £30 too!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Camelbak Mule or Dakine Drafter’ is closed to new replies.