• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Camcorder question
  • philjunior
    Free Member

I remember the good old days when camcorders were huge, footage quality very poor and you knew what size video to get because it told you how many minutes big it was.

Now, I’m gonna buy a cheap camcorder like this one http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/panasonic-hx-dc1-full-hd-camcorder-gun-metal-10073203-pdt.html
    Though not necessarily that one – if anyone knows of a better value/ better one for my needs (video of important moments for newborn to see at later moments of her life) I’m open to suggestions.

What I really want to know though is how much memory do I need? Say I’m recording full on HD widescreen, how long will I get per GB? (and for that matter if I decide I want to record longer but at lower quality? – probably will just be recording short clips cos I don’t want to waste my life videoing my daughter’s life!) If anyone can give me some guidance, that would be nice. I’ve managed to work out the speed of card I need and what all the different letters after SD are, so that side of things should be fine.

Ta 🙂

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

The topic ‘Camcorder question’ is closed to new replies.