• This topic has 111 replies, 51 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by cb.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 112 total)
  • Call of Duty:Black Ops
  • PlopNofear
    Free Member

Anyone buying it? I’ve heard that Sainsbury’s may be selling it for £24 on the release day which is Tuesday 9th November. Can anyone confirm it or know about it? COD:Modern Warfare 2 was like that when it was released. Hopefully its the same.

King-ocelot
    Free Member

Played a beta of it a while ago, it was quite early but it was OK. it will sell by the bucket load. Don’t know about sainsburys, but worth keeping an eye on it!

grantway
    Free Member

this was on my mind as is/will it be better than
    COD Modern Warfare 2?

EarlofBarnet
    Free Member

I’ve not pre-ordered it, but might pop in to Morrisons on the morning of the release to see if they sell it for £25 like they did with the last one.

rondo101
    Free Member

no-where’s released their prices yet – all waiting until monday.

That said, latest rumours from “inside” sources seem to indicate that sainsbury’s will have it for £28 if you spend £30 in-store. Other supermarkets are doing similar apparently. No MW2-style price cuts!

DT78
    Free Member

Blimey I only bought mw2 for £28 two weeks ago!

I hope they’ve sorted the knifing out. Numpties sprinting around and teleporting to one hit kill you with a knife doesn’t have any place in a shooter imo.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Shooty shooty bang bang!

Dead.

Drac

EA weren’t happy the last time with COD MW2 mega reductions so don’t expect them again, I got it on pre-order on Friday for £29.99 was dispatched on Friday too.

Blimey I only bought mw2 for £28 two weeks ago!

I paid less than that on release day from Sainsburys. 😆

DT78
    Free Member

Shooty shooty bang bang!

Dead.

Yea the first one if your lucky enough not to be playing with lag, but what about the second or third one…I’ve taken to noobtubing as the only effective counter. Bit cheap but it works.

sc-xc

how do you teleport in mw2?

timdrayton
    Free Member

Indeed theres teleporting?

I thought i was just rubbish…..

stuartlangwilson
    Free Member

Commando pro and tactical knife ftw.

DT78
    Free Member

‘teleporting’ is a bit tongue in cheek, think it’s officially called ‘lunging’ with commando pro it’s a bit overpowered, quite often I get killed when they ‘lunge’ through a shotgun blast at point blank….plain dumb.

Tac knife/commando/lightweight/marathon and those chaps rack up 50 odd kills a match. I can do it but don’t enjoy it game play wise so only do it if someone is really bugging me or I’m doing rubbish. Feels a bit like cheating to me, that and no/quick scoping snipers and noobtubers…

(must admit I’ve tried quick scoping and can’t do it so there must be some skill to it)

First online shooter I’ve played, disappointed to be honest I thought it was supposed to be realistic, it’s fun, but not realistic. I’m hoping Blackops is bette

sc-xc

^ better than noobtubing. Last refuge of the scoundrel, that it.

RealMan
    Free Member

If you can’t kill a knifer, you’re doing something wrong. And if you think quick scoping is cheating, you’re wrong, its pretty hard, it takes skill.

PlopNofear
    Free Member

Well Black Ops is nearly totally different. No more stopping power perk – so no over powered guns. No more quickscoping for the haters of it. Loads of stupid killstreak rewards like Radio controller explosive cars and remote cameras.
    But the new game types look awesome:

One in the chamber: one bullet to kill someone with if you miss you need to knife. Every kill gives you a new bullet

Gun game: you start with the worst weapon and every kill gives you the next best gun. (Stolen from Counter-Strike)

Sharpshooter:Everyone has the same gun and they switch every few minutes.
    Sticks and stones: Only a crossbow, ballistic knife, and a Tomahawk

RealMan
    Free Member

One in the chamber: one bullet to kill someone with if you miss you need to knife. Every kill gives you a new bullet

Sounds weird, unless its one hit one kill regardless of where you hit?

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

If you wait a few months after games come out, you can get them for five pounds or so off Amazon.

PlopNofear
    Free Member

RM – yeah it is one shot kill. only for that game type though.

RealMan
    Free Member

Ok, that sounds pretty cool then.

PlopNofear
    Free Member

For anyone who wants to read up on it.

http://callofduty.wikia.com/wiki/Call_of_Duty:_Black_Ops

FoxyChick
    Free Member

F R O

DT78
    Free Member

Gun game: you start with the worst weapon and every kill gives you the next best gun. (Stolen from Counter-Strike)

I actually got this yesterday in MW2 when playing ground war on the snowy map., not come across it before in 2 weeks play (lots of time on my hands as I have a broken collar bone)

Tbh I didn’t know what was going on so quit…(I like sniping on that map and couldn#t work out where my rifle was!). Not a fan, maybe when I get better and after a challenge.

King-ocelot
    Free Member

Stop trolling elf! Your not down with the kids.

neverfastenuff
    Free Member

Cannot believe they wait till a weekday to release it – why not today?
    looking forward to getting it – NEXT WEEKEND!!!!

CHB

Have two copies on preorder from JS.

Drac

If you wait a few months after games come out, you can get them for five pounds or so off Amazon.

Only the poop ones. See up there paying more for a year old game than I paid on release date.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

No, you can get good ones too. A mate is into games for his Ecks Bocks, and only ever buys games from Amazon. Never spends more than a tenner. Once he’s bored with it, he sells it on usually at very little or no loss. See, if you stay a year or two behind the latest trends, then you can get all the games which were the ‘latest thing’ but have now been ignored by the numpties paying top whack so’s they can brag to their other dorky friends about their highest scores…

(Goes off to play original Halo and COD2…)

LMT
    Free Member

No deals to be had this year, i been told that JS have it on spend £30 in store and get the game for £25, Tesco are doing the buy a chart title and get the game for a half price, which is the same as Game and Gamestation. Only one keeping quiet at the moment is Asda.

Only snag with COD is that the games hold there value all year round just like Fifa, I traded COD:World at War only 2 weeks ago and still got £30 trade in value! so a bonus for me, but a 2 year old game normally goes for a £5!

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Fred – just have a look at how much MW (1 and 2) go for on Amazon…

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

From about £9 to £15 on Amazon. I dare say in a few months MW2 will probbly be cheaper.

My point is that you can get games which are thirty or forty pounds when they first come out, a lot cheaper even new, if you are prepared to wait a while. And second hand, you can pick up some right bargains. The same mate’s nephew gets games off his school/college mates for fivers and tenners and stuff, only a few weeks after they come out, because the kids are bored with them and want the latest games.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

So not a fiver… and that is for a four year old game.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

No you’re right you win. 🙄

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Can I Prestige? 😉

mboy
    Free Member

Here’s a question guys…

I’ve been playing COD MW2 online for about 8 months on and off now on my pc. No expert that’s for sure but I quite enjoy the odd game and will probably invest in black ops sometime soon as well…

But what the **** is some of this lingo you’re on about? What does “noobtubing” mean?

What is quickscoping? And how does one teleport should one want to??? Am I missing out a lot here, like I say played it quite a bit, certainly not great at it, but on level 51 now…

Oh and anyone else on here actually play it on the pc not a console?

Drac

What does “noobtubing” mean?

Grenade launcher or RPG as main weapon.

What is quickscoping?

Fire a sniper rifle straight of without sights or briefly looking through them and hitting targtet.

RealMan
    Free Member

Fire a sniper rifle straight of without sights or briefly looking through them and hitting targtet.

No, if you fire without sights thats no scoping, so if you hit you’re usually pretty lucky (unless rapid fire from close range, but you still might not hit).

If you aim down the sights for just enough time to close the crosshairs up you can then shoot with perfect accuracy, but that takes skill.

mboy
    Free Member

Gotcha

Me then! Well I hate the rpg to be fair, but am pretty handy with a grenade launcher…

I thought the whole point of the game was to kill people on the opposing team. And the fact you can choose your weapons means that it allows you to choose those best suited to yourself?

Must admit I only use a grenade launcher at all on certain scenarios, much prefer a sniper on a few of them, and I’ve also got good at sticking cemtex to people too!

DT78
    Free Member

I’ve only played the game for a couple of weeks but being fairly competitive I do bit of research into things as I play. Have a look on youtube for those phrases.

Quickscoping is definitely hard to do, I’ve tried it can easily do noobtubing and running round with a knife. Going into close quarters fighting with a sniper rife and one shot killing all the guys with shotguns ain’t right.

Removing stopping power should mean the end of that as they will need head (and maybe neck?) shots to one shot kill which is unlikely every time.

Drac

No, if you fire without sights thats no scoping, so if you hit you’re usually pretty lucky (unless rapid fire from close range, but you still might not hit).

Ooops yeah got it slightly wrong.

Anyway my copy has dropped through the post this am, had a quick play on singleplayer seems pretty good typical COD style but just had a bike chase scene which was like T2 riding shooting the shotgun.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 112 total)

The topic ‘Call of Duty:Black Ops’ is closed to new replies.