• This topic has 9 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 15 years ago by aw.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • C2W purchase – £1k (Evans or Halfords)
  • aw
    Free Member

work are launching cycle to work again so have the opportunity to save a bundle of cash on a new shiny bike purchase 😉

I was thinking of a dark side purchase maybe going even to ‘plastic’ (carbon) although the cotic road rat really interest me. I don’t suppose I will get one of those through Evans or Halfords however!

I like the Giants but again Evans and Halfords don’t stock those…

The Bianchi’s look lovely but my grand will not get a plastic one.

any suggestions guys?

Xan
    Free Member

halfords will get yot anything you want but will be sourced through a 3rd party.

iainc

you can use Halfords C2W vouchers in Alpine Bikes

druidh
    Free Member

I got a Focus Cayo through Halfords. Nice bike for £999

Guilliano
    Free Member

Don’t try for a Giant or Trek through Halfords….. they point blank refuse to deal with Halfords now, even through 3rd party LBS. If you are going dark side the Boardman Carbon thingy is a damn good buy if you want a racy feel

grant

As of 2 weeks ago (when I last spoke to them on the phone when my voucher arrived) Halfords can’t/won’t get:

Bianchi
    Cotic
    Cube
    Focus/Wiggle
    Planet X/On-One
    Merlin

It’s either because they have fallen out with Halfords or because Halfords have fallen out with them. Depends on the manufacturer/distributor.

As I was looking for a Bianchi (with a Focus and a Cube as back up options) I was a tad disappointed.

I’m now waiting on a Boardman Team Carbon and getting messed about……

jonnyvegas
    Free Member

mmm

thinking they’ll get you a Bianchi

as a mate of mine had one orded few months ago…

RichPenny
    Free Member

Just got a Bianchi 928 C2C Veloce via friendly LBS. Our C2W only goes up to £700, but paid the extra on top, could you do that? I was tempted by the Boardman, but put off because I didn’t want to deal with Halfords. I wouldn’t expect them to be interested in fitting me to the bike the way the LBS are. The Bianchi is also a bit less racy than the Boardman, which suits me, although it’s a bit heavier too. LBS did a great deal on the bike, plus 10% on accessories. Cheers to Chris at Stonehenge 🙂

Initial impressions are that the Bianchi is lovely to ride, but am mtbing all weekend so won’t have a chance to really push it until next Sunday. The frame seems to smooth out the road surface a lot, so I’d expect it to be very comfortable over long distances. Yesterday whilst offroad, I found myself wanting to be on a road ride at points. I feel a bit dirty 🙁

grant

thinking they’ll get you a Bianchi

as a mate of mine had one orded few months ago…

Well, I spoke to them twice, partly to get confirmation as they had previously insisted they could get almost anything except PX/On-One.

They currently cannot get Bianchi.

Maybe a few months ago it was possible and things have changed?

aw
    Free Member

MY work only do vouchers for Evans and Halfords up to £1k. However apparently at Evans at least you can pay over the top.

I like the sound of the Boardman team carbon (any pics)?

Rode a Giant SCR 1.0 today for 45 miles on a charity bike ride and it was sweet enough. I am not sure how much one of those would be?

Halfords would be easier for me as I have quite a few local stores. The nearest Evans to me (Kent – chatham) is Waterloo in London.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘C2W purchase – £1k (Evans or Halfords)’ is closed to new replies.