• This topic has 13 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by wbss.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Builth CRC Marathon distance…
  • whytetrash

Did the full one yesterday…marked up as 85k now that should be 50 plus miles in old money but I only got 40.1 miles! (not complaining in that heat)what distance did everyone else clock? new computer so want to check I set it up ok!

Candodavid
    Free Member

65k on my gps

DaveGr
    Free Member

39.8 miles on GPS. Just over 40 miles on bike computer but that's set up with a generic 26 * 2.1 wheel circumferance as I can't be bothered to remeasure if I swap between different makes of 2.1 tyres.

whytetrash

Thanks guys, looks like it's about right then 😉

Candodavid
    Free Member

Damn…short changed, do we get a refund???

wonnyj
    Free Member

On of the staff mentioned that the MOD had closed part of the course due to firing operations.

I wasn't complaining to come home early.

Nezbo
    Free Member

I also did the Full and only clocked up 40 and a bit miles.

wonny j – that will explain why i saw a shot gun cartrage at one point on the trail 😐

Another event well sorted by John Lloyd's and Michael wilkens' teams.

Looking forward to the grassington, it's only about 1:30 from home instead of 4 to 5 hours 🙁

wonnyj
    Free Member

I saw that too.

Was a great course though. I love that fast sheep-track-singletrack and the woody sections were nice too.

Clink

I rode with candodavid and also clocked 65k. Enjoyed the course though and far enough in the heat!

taxi25
    Free Member

That explains Nick Craig telling my mate he did it in 3.07 !!!!!

hughjengin
    Free Member

twas 65 and a bit clicks mate

Rorschach
    Free Member

Wish I'd carried on now.I ended up doing 57km…for the 1/2 distance!Started to feel a bit strange before the 3rd feed station….slowed noticably and was a bit headachey.Did the big climb straight after it but had goosebumps and started to shiver uncontrolably,had planned to shorten to the 75k but apparently I'd already passed the split so ended up going all the way back down to the feed station and then followed the 50k route back.Spent a nice half hour sat next to the first aid post getting cold water poured over me.Still ended up 30something somehow!!

Suburbanlife
    Free Member

Ummm! Shorter distance that'll be why my legs still had something to give come the end. Nice flowing course with the loop around the woods for the (supposedly) 100k route the best bit. The support and organisation including the feed stations were great. However, the camping was pants – packed in like sardines – it's usually at the showground next door – so what happened? Maybe John Lloyd can come back on that one?

wbss
    Free Member

i thought it was rad. fast course. obviously hot as a hot thing but good fun. I've seen the photos at http://www.sleepmonsters.com/photosystem/rightplacerighttime/digital_photosales.php?event_id=8487 .. but there was someone taking photos next to a stunt booter on the descent before the feedstation next to the river. anyone know where / who are these photos any where?

all in all a sweet weekend.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Builth CRC Marathon distance…’ is closed to new replies.