Viewing 38 posts - 41 through 78 (of 78 total)
  • Built My Rocket.
  • passtherizla
    Free Member

Yeah had it upside down, the rear mech cable had come loose…!?!? Dunno how that happened. It was its first journey today so was just a setup ride, ended up having loads of fun! Hadn’t ridden much in the last 5 months and it felt nice to be out… Only did 10 miles though and was feeling it 🙁

ryderredman
    Free Member

Did I mention that I am envious and therefore instantly dislike you?

passtherizla
    Free Member

Ha ha, you can have it if you like* its rubbish**

* you can’t.

** it isn’t its ace (could be new bike rose tintedness of course***)

*** it isn’t though

😉

Rosss
    Free Member

I must admit my first thought when I saw it was – How much would I get for my bike and maybe i’ll see if I can get some overtime at work!

passtherizla
    Free Member

I hear a kidney fetches a good price? 😉

Ideally it still needs another £200ish spent on it so I still have 2 bikes (borrowed cranks derailer and shifter from my 456).. But 1 will do it seems, at least until I get the weeride out again for my lad.

dannyh
    Free Member

Don’t take the piss out of the OP’s sofa or carpet. He clearly spends his money correctly. Nice rig.

daver27
    Free Member

Seriously need to get a reverb cable guide on it tho…

theendisnigh
    Free Member

Hey nice choice! I also have a black rocket. I would recommend helitaping it. Glossy black doesn’t fair too well in mud. I helitaped the top tube but wish I’d done more. The rear triangle in particular is quite dull now rather than glossy.

I’ve got a white/black Bos fork, special edition black M4’s, white bars and stem, white seat with black centre stripe, black flow rims. It looks really good, even if I do say myself! Cost too much though 😳

Nickhead, it was probably me you saw at Cannock on Saturday. next time say hello.

The best place I’ve taken my rocket, climachx machynthlleth. That trail is made for the rocket. I’m going back asap, highly recommended.

ryderredman
    Free Member

I think the Bfe is just about the only bike Baldy Geek Towers haven’t put a video out for now?

feel like an idiot asking this but whats baldy geek towers?

robhughes
    Free Member

What are those pedals passtherizla.I want a pair.. 🙂

nickhart
    Free Member

Baldy geek towers = cy’s secret lair. Strange as he’s not bald, it’s not a tower, that said he’s a real geek though. 🙂

Alex

Agree on the heli-tape. Mine has a lot. Especially over the bits I missed first time and then thought ‘oh that’s a bit scratched’ 😉 Nice build BTW. Had mine out again yesterday in FoD/Yat and rode a couple of scary things I’ve been giving a good look at for at least a year. It’s in pre-alps mode with 2.5in tyres on. Awesome fun,

Worth reading setup guide on shock/fork setup. Getting the sag right makes a huge difference to the way it rides.

Scamper
    Free Member

Theendisnigh – think i saw your Rocket at the bottom of Lower Cliff Sat, as it stood out with its Bos forks – I was on my new green Bfe. Cannock was Cotic Central this weekend.

passtherizla
    Free Member

never even considered helitape … got a bloody great scratch on the rear triangle yeaterday from the bike rack of all things! Grrr. (what touch up paint?)

daver27 – Member
    Seriously need to get a reverb cable guide on it tho…

what would you suggest? I tried the little thing that comes with the post but that was pretty crap.. I have shortened the cable since the photo, and its much better now.

passtherizla
    Free Member

Alex – Member
    Worth reading setup guide on shock/fork setup. Getting the sag right makes a huge difference to the way it rides.

I have read loads of info on suspension set-up., got the sag and rebound set up nicely and started playing with the compression damping yesterday, but got carried away having too much fun to bother with silly set up, bike felt great though so maybe it is set up, got about 160 PSI in the shock (fox CTD) and about 50 in the forks (fox 36 160) I’m about 13 stone fully kitted out.

Alex

I have the bog standard float on mine. I’m 165lbs and run it with 170PSI to give 17mm of Sag with all my kit on. Ended up stiffening up the revs at the front a bit (as per Cy’s setup) and slowing the rebound on the shock down. Felt odd in car park test but worked brilliantly on the trails. Still experimenting tho.

I’d really like a fork with a bit of compression damping though. That’s the next upgrade.

passtherizla
    Free Member

where did you find Cy’s set-up recommendations?

I’m 182lbs, 13 stone, 82 KG in riding gear… Might end up with smaller air can/volume reducer on the rear.

Alex

Came with the bike. And Cy can send you an email. Or I can send it to you. Email in profile.

passtherizla
    Free Member

Ah ok must read the little booklet… Oops.

daver27
    Free Member

something like this

dropper cable guide

passtherizla
    Free Member

robhughes – Member
    What are those pedals passtherizla.I want a pair..

HT AE01 or on one thinnies in this instance.

£16! daver…? I have something I can bodge to do that. looks like it might push the cable down into the rear wheel too.

daver27
    Free Member

better than it flapping in the breeze, a new hose and connector is a LOT more than £16..

you can do it with cable ties, but why not spend £16 on something proper to finish off a nice build?

passtherizla
    Free Member

How would that stop me breaking a hose connector? I’ll try the bodge and then buy the nice bit if it works maybe… If it pushes ithe cable into the rear wheel the cable could get worn?

passtherizla
    Free Member

How would that stop me breaking a hose connector? I’ll try the bodge and then buy the nice bit if it works maybe… If it pushes the cable into the rear wheel the cable could get worn?

nickhead
    Free Member

I got a full set of helitape from these guys (http://www.invisiframe.co.uk/)… they don’t seem to have a pattern for Cotic/Rocket yet, but might be worth giving them a shout anyway. It’s not cheap (compared to an uncut pack of moto tape), but then neither are frames…

TheEndIsNigh – Will do. I was just heading up kitbag hill from the crossing (on a black Mondraker) as you were coming down the last switchbacks of the Dog/Monkey link

robhughes
    Free Member

cheers passtherizla.I just missed out on the thinnies. 🙁
    The equivalent are quite pricey and very similar to these.
    http://www.purebike.fr/en/mtb-f1/components-f26/pedals-f39/platform-pedals-f41/onoff-shield-pedals-black-a1451.html
    Which i,m very tempted to push the button on. 🙂

johnj2000
    Free Member

Hi, bike looks very nice. Have an orange on e myself and just a tip on the helitape suggestions. Make sure you do the part of the frame that sits in between the rear suspension pivoty bit(yes, very technical I know) if you get crap wedged in there during a ride it starts to rub quite badly, I found out just in time but another grubby ride would have made a bit of a mess.

Enjoy it.

garage-dweller

That’s a truly lovely bit of kit. Since it would be too much bike for me I dont even have to be jealous.

As for the cord sofa, however. ….

nodrog2
    Free Member

Here’s mine just for good measure. Great bike, really loving riding it.

granny_ring

That looks great where did you get it? The green truck that is 🙂

Good build sir, think I would go for black bars tho.

passtherizla
    Free Member

ha ha my lad loves the rubbish truck.. it beeps and has a tilting rubbish shoot. Think it was from Tesco.

I had the bars knocking around, if they get swapped I’ll got for Renthal ones to match my stem.

@Robhughes those are identical… apart from being black of course.

Thanks for the picture nodrog, they are great looking bikes aren’t they!

JohnJ I’ll have a look into that thanks.

cy

Lovely see some Rocket love here lads. Some great looking bikes on this thread. I’m just about to finally give in and treat the front end to some Devilles to match the Vip’r on the back. Mmmmmmm…..speedy….

passtherizla
    Free Member

proper chuffed with it cy… done some jumps on it yesterday and everything. 🙂

timraven

god, those rockets build into sexy-ass bikes.

Certainly do.

Here’s mine in the spring sun. [/url] Rocket by teamravenbath, on Flickr[/img]

If you coil the dropper post hose once round the seatpost, it doesn’t stick out and goes up and down like a spring.

mattjg
    Free Member

Cy any chance of a 29er Rockety type thing?

roverpig

I think that’s been hinted at in the past. That and a shorter travel 26″ version are, I think, due sometime in the summer (if we get one this year, that is).

mattjg
    Free Member

That’ll be nice … maybe I’ll hold off my FS 29er purchase then!

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Roll on the next delivery of orange rockets!.

Viewing 38 posts - 41 through 78 (of 78 total)

The topic ‘Built My Rocket.’ is closed to new replies.