Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 226 total)
  • Bugger
  • Stoner
    Free Member

I don’t shoot using my dominant eye! That would be stupid.

I have to get my brain to use the correct image. In itself it’s not a major problem. After all I have a couple of cadet international caps for full bore.

I convinced my coaches to let me shoot right handed and tbf its been fine, I’m not a bad shot at all. But I’ll enjoy taking the opportunity to learn to shoot the other hand. And sticking to recurve. Compound is to archery as Road time trial is to biking: Crap. 😉

Stoner
    Free Member

Only need a new ilf riser really. And tab 😉

Cougar

Recurve is the one true way, of course. (-:

Dunno about guns, I’ve shot a few at various times over the years but really know very little indeed about them beyond which end is the loud bit and not to shoot a side-eject shotgun left-handed.

whatnobeer
    Free Member

Glad to hear the surgery went well, will you now reveal to us the before and after shots? And how the stump came to be in the 1st place?

theotherjonv

Ring blocks? The experience I had of having a ring block was of slow torture. Far worse than any broken finger I’ve had for pain, but I had to have this one because the finger needed proper straightening.

Once in it was fantastically effective; putting it in gave me a whitey.

Did I get a bad’un.

CountZero

I was stunned how much better I was shooting left handed (I wan’t too shabby right handed). Turns out I have a very strong eye dominance. Had a lesson at Wisley and the guy picked it up very quickly.

Jamba, oddly I’m left eye dominant but have always shot rifle, shotgun and latterly archery tight handed.
    It’s eye dominance which dictates which way round you should shoot (a bow), not hand. So if it’s any comfort, you’ve been taught incorrectly thus far and can now look forward to doing it properly. I’ll wager your game actually improves after this.

If you’re shooting wrong-handed (well, -eyed) then you’re sighting across the arrow at an angle rather than straight down it and it throws off your aim. I’m fully left-dominant (hand, foot, eye) but learned to shoot right-handed as that was the only kit available. By the time I got access to a left-handed bow I was so used to a RH-er that I couldn’t use it; it felt unnatural and I had little compelling reason to re-learn everything. In the end I was taught to draw as normal with both eyes open, but close my left momentarily to fine-tune my lateral aim before loosing.
    My dad took me along to the range at our, now just demolished, TA Centre, and I just couldn’t get to grips with using the rifle, because I’m right-handed, as were the guns, but left-eye dominant, so everything just felt wrong; shooting left-handed worked, but the bolt was on the wrong side.
    Easier using a bow, but I haven’t done any archery since I was at school, and my bow is quite possibly a bit undersized for me now… 😀

Stoner
    Free Member

queasy-warning.
    Pic below.

I didnt get a photo of the finger as it was pretty gruesome. But earlier Mrs Stoner mentioned that my bro had kindly “cleaned up the mess” as she couldnt face it. Good lad got a photo before it went to the bin.

First night back at the pub and got royally ribbed for stupidity.
    actually I wont post it.
    link here 🙂
    https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/kVB-MPzi_A4lTKi8Mg4smtMTjNZETYmyPJy0liipFm0?feat=directlink

everyone
    Free Member

whatnobeer
    Free Member

Oft, that was a good job you did of that. For some reason I was expecting a much smaller stump….

Should of got it pickled and stored for prosperity.

phiiiiil

Next time someone says “can I have a hand…” you can say “will that do instead?”

Or even, if someone says “put your finger on that for a second” you can easily oblige without having to stop whatever else you’re doing…

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

I think that stub could be put on the donor list, even though it is not a toe! 😆

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2404293/Downtown-Hotels-Sourtoe-Cocktail-patron-swallows-amputated-toe-500.html

Jamie
    Free Member

bearnecessities

FFS! 😀

Suggsey
    Free Member

On a plus note you had nice clean finger nails!
    Why didn’t you take the missing bit to A&E with you out of interest?

muggomagic

Is that the butchers shop in the league of gentlemen? 🙂

RustySpanner

I hope you’ve kept it.
    You could build your own wasp factory around that.
    Keep the kids entertained all summer long.

Stoner
    Free Member

you could have bumped the price up a bit Jamie!

Having seen what was left behind, and the manner in which the tip was amputated, I assumed it wasnt worth ferreting around in the oily chain for mangled spare parts, especially while I was applying C&E to my stump and gently asking mrs Stoner, in a calm and measured manner, if she wouldnt mind running me into Worcester A&E if she had a moment to spare…

andyg1966

Sorry for asking a stupid Q, but I’ve read this thread and no idea what you actually did to lose your finer end unless i’ve missed it. Finger in disk?

timber

You’ll be wanting a prosthetic for the chainsaw, they really aren’t left handed and none of the manufacturers caters for wrong handers.

Bit of alkythene pipe gaffer taped on the stump should do the job.

jambalaya
    Free Member

I didn’t look – thanks for not posting 😯

big_n_daft
    Free Member

welshfarmer

Ouch. Nicely done. My brother did something similar about 40 years ago when he was out ploughing. Tractor was playing up and he went around poking various bits and it somehow started up when his finger was on the fan belt. Almost identical cut to yours. I can still see the stump in a paper tissue my dad bought home “in case they could sew it back on” 🙂

On the plus side you will be able to do a great party trick by making it look like you are picking your nose really really deeply

righog
    Free Member

You are going to preserve it I assume.

Formalin pots

What a conversation piece.

But seriously healing vibes…..

teasel
    Free Member

Okay, I’ve skim-read this thread a number of times and I can’t find the culprit named anywhere.

Wot done it, guv’na…?

Stoner
    Free Member

+

+

+

=

+

teasel
    Free Member

🙂

Thanks. Great summary.

Stoner
    Free Member

Bugger again.
    I’ve just checked my health and life insurance and it turns out I needed to have lost both hands in one go to qualify for a new bike 🙁

I’d better make a decent job of it next time.

paul4stones

That picture is ok. I’ve got a sequence of Tim K’s finger healing that I use in lectures about root fillings.

Stoner
    Free Member

hah! I remember TimK’s fingers! How long ago was that?

paul4stones

2007? It features in a 2008 PowerPoint – I’ve just checked!

His was good, yours is better 🙂

Stoner
    Free Member

I could take pics if you like 🙂

benp1

Oops, oiling chain with engine running?

Great picture from your bro! Thought he might have popped it in a little jar of grim for you for bragging rights

paul4stones

Yes please 🙂

His showed how the body naturally protects connective tissue and bone by growing epithelium over it. I suspect your’s might already be closed. You’ve probably got my email from one of Brant’s……

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Have you had a peek under the bandages yet?

Any photos of a comedically large finger bandage we can laugh at?

Stoner
    Free Member

I darent open up as there is no way Im as clean as the op theatre 🙂

I have to drop into the clinic in France in a week’s time to check there’s no infection etc.

paul – do you have the battlecat?

Anyway, I’m afraid they’ve covered all the goodies and closed the stump.

paul4stones

No, I’ve got the reiver. Hang on, I reckon I can mail you. Always keen to see photos 😉

nickc

You’re an idiot.

Hope it gets better soon 😀

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

You’re an idiot.

Hope it gets better soon

He’s been an idiot for years. It shows no sign of improvement.

😉

kayak23

Welcome to the club.
    Mine also motorcycle. Motorcycle/roadworks/interface to be exact.

Stoner
    Free Member

I always like being in good company.

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 226 total)

The topic ‘Bugger’ is closed to new replies.