Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • Budget by Clarkson.
  • SST
    Free Member

50% (Income Tax) + 13.8% higher rate National Insurance contrib.

i.e. for every pound you earn over £150k, 64p goes to the exchequer.
    http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Nl1/Newsroom/Budget2009/DG_172915

That really sucks!

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

Plus of course another 15% of pretty much everything you spend as well SST!

rightplacerighttime
    Free Member

“Any commonsense person would say that a highly-paid private equity executive paying less tax than a cleaning lady or other low-paid workers can’t be right,” Mr Ferguson told the Financial Times.

“I have not heard anyone give a clear explanation of why it is justified.”

A spokesman for the British Venture Capital Association, which represents private equity firms, said Mr Ferguson’s views did not represent the industry as a whole.

Well there’s a surprise.

mudshark
    Free Member

50% (Income Tax) + 13.8% higher rate National Insurance contrib.

That includes the employers’ contribition then? I don’t think that’s quite the same thing. For every pound a get in pay over £150k I pay 51% in tax – is that not right?

DrJ

I think he’s producing a load of lazy rheteric designed to please the masses.

Of course he is – what did you expect from Jeremy Clarkson?

Stoner
    Free Member

mudshark, no. The 13.8% is employee’s contribution, not employer’s.

gusamc
    Free Member

Quite why you’re allowed to call it Employer NI is beyond me. It’s a tax on the individual. The employer might pay it but it’s most certainly a tax down to that employee.

Top Tip to any company owners etc on here. Pay staff a min type wage and then make it up with attendance money, sorry expenses. (you will save employer NI, employee NI, employee Tax) – sounds efficient to me. Lets face it from an HMRC position they’d hardly be in a position to say it was illegak – would they ?.

DrJ

Could be worse:

mudshark
    Free Member

The 13.8% is employee’s contribution, not employer’s.

Well I can’t find any info on that – not that it’ll ever affect me I’m sure.

grizzlygus
    Free Member

New plan … our Jeremy does his sums

“They said that if they cut VAT to 15 per cent then everything would be all right. And it wasn’t.”

LOL !

‘Our Jeremy’ needs to do his sums again, quote :

The Centre for Economics and Business Research (CEBR) will today say that official retail sales figures for the three months following the introduction of the VAT cut – which lowered the rate from 17.5 per cent to 15 per cent at the beginning of December – provide clear evidence that the reduction is working.

Either that, or the badly-made muppet needs to read a proper paper :

VAT cut ‘helped to boost struggling retail sales’

Still I guess being ‘well-informed’ isn’t exactly necessary when you’re simply required to write any old bollox for gullible Sun readers, who pay 30p for a newspaper to do their thinking for them.

And the daft mophead isn’t just crap with ‘his sums’, his memory is shite too.

Because whilst I don’t remember the government claiming ‘everything would be all right’ and that Britain would be unaffected by the US derived global recession, I do remember The Sun urging it’s readers to vote New Labour in 1997, and then urging them AGAIN to vote New Labour in 2005 when Gordon Brown was still chancellor.

I also remember The Sun being extremely enthusiastic supporters of “the market always knows best” economic gobbledygook which got us all in this mess in the first place.

Yep – getting Rupert Murdoch to pay you large sums of money to tell gullible and ill-informed Sun readers, complete bollox ………. nice work if you can get it.

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘Budget by Clarkson.’ is closed to new replies.