Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Buckden Pike – best descent?
  • WillC9999
    Free Member

I have just noticed a bridleway to the top of Buckden Pike via Rakes Wood and Cow Close. With a bit of imagination (and a push) this could be linked to either (a) the Walden Rd bridleway or (b) Starbotton Cam Road bridleway.

What I would love to know is, which is the best way up/down out of the options? Anyone ridden them?

I am not looking for some Danny Macaskill rear wheel bouncing or a requirement for a Kona Stab – preferably something I can ride on a normal trail bike, with perhaps occasional loss of faecal matter here and there. Whoopy-doop speed is preferred to repeated tedious rock steps (which would be better used for a carrying ascent).

So, does anyone know? If not, I am going to have to get off my fat arse and ride them all and make up my own mind. Which actually has great merit in the spirit of adventure. I might take a bivi bag.

Danke

Will

wilde86
    Free Member

did you do this? if so which way did you find was the most fun etc?

martinhutch

There was a thread on this a couple of weeks ago with useful info from someone who’d ridden it in the current slightly damp conditions.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Buckden Pike – best descent?’ is closed to new replies.