Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Brooks B17 Saddle
  • mudshark
    Free Member

I have one of these on my Galaxy touring bike that I’ll be taking on a week’s tour in a few weeks. I understand that these take a bit of wearing in so, as I haven’t used it yet, would I be asking for trouble if I kept it on the bike and used it for 400 odd miles on my trip?

epicsteve
    Free Member

Mine was comfy pretty much from day 1.

winston_dog
    Free Member

I put a standard B17 on my commuter and it was comfortable from day 1 and gets better all the time. If it feels okay now it will only get better over the trip.

I would make sure you use some of this though Brooks Proofide, it really helps.

marka.
    Free Member

Mine wasn’t too bad straight away, but I would definitely get a few rides in before you head off. Some people can never get their B17s to work for them.

Olly
    Free Member

saddle angle is key.
    and bike setup overall.
    i found myself being pulled onto the front of the saddle, or if tilted a bit forward, sliding onto it as its so slippy.
    but now ive got it setup right, its v v comfy 🙂
    yet to break mine in yet, but 2 weeks on tour next weekend should help :s

mudshark
    Free Member

I took mine for a 25 mile ride a while back and thought it comfortable and I’ll try to get some mid week rides in on it but don’t fancy putting it on my carbon road bike for my weekend club run. Just put some proofide on, guess I’d better keen a plastic bad handy when on my trip incase it rains a lot.

mlke
    Free Member

uncomfortable for a couple of hundred miles before becoming v comfortable. I’d suggest doing a series of short rides on it before touring

drofluf
    Free Member

You may want it a little ‘nose up’ so that the rear portion is horizontal if that makes sense?

Found it works for me

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Brooks B17 Saddle’ is closed to new replies.