Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Broadband for a student..
  • 0091paddy
    Free Member

Evening all

I’m the student, and I’ll be moving into a place without a current internet connection, landlord is happy for me to have one put in.

Clearly I’m going to want it as cheap as poss while still being pretty reasonable

So far I’ve seen a 12month Sky Deal (without TV) with unlimited downloads, up to 20meg download speed, and an 02 Basics 12month 20meg which has 3 months free, isn’t unlimited, but it’s only £8 a month (02 customer)

I’m not going to be downloading films or anything heavy like that, but I like browsing and streaming (Spotify, YouTube, etc)

Any input will be appreciated,

cheers 🙂

donsimon
    Free Member

Is there a connection fee?
    How much are mobile internet connection contracts?
    I use a dongle and it’s fine.

Just a suggestion.

_tom_
    Free Member

O2 are cheap and pretty reliable as far as I’m aware. Don’t go BT, they’re so bloody expensive!

0091paddy
    Free Member

One of my techy mates warns me away from dongles due to the speed/connection? Is the speed OK with you?

Whenever I’ve had to deal with O2 about my phone, they’ve been very helpful, so could be the way. Hmmm

Any experience with Sky broadband anyone?

donsimon
    Free Member

Speed’s fine. I use Skype for calling UK can wa

donsimon
    Free Member

tch videos without a problem, listen to the radio etc. But like a mobi

donsimon
    Free Member

le phone you can lose signal, be sure you’re in a 3G area. 😉

_tom_
    Free Member

Any experience with Sky broadband anyone?

My Grandads been with them for a couple of months, no trouble so far.

0091paddy
    Free Member

thanks all.

tron
    Free Member

A lot of students will move every 12 months or so. Most phone providers lock you into a 12 month contract.

Personally, I’d see if dongles are a decent price / rate, as paying for everything then trying to divvy up the bills is a pain in the arse. Particularly if you’re forgetful.

becky_kirk43
    Free Member

we’ve just started with virgin. £50 a month between 5 of us for 50 meg broadband (wanted enough so that we can all use it at the same time) unlimited weekend / evening phone calls and a reasonable tv package (including sky 1 etc). Obviously this package might be a bit expensive, but you probably dont want everything we’ve got…might be worth looking in to their packages as i know they do some good cheap ones too

tron
    Free Member

‘Kin hell! That’s your beer money gone.

The job of a student is to dress strangely and get drunk at bars and parties, not to wear a slanket, drink cans and watch the OC 😆

_tom_
    Free Member

Most students get drunk at bars and parties as well as those times at home whilst watching shit on tv 😀

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Broadband for a student..’ is closed to new replies.