Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Brilliant eBay advert
  • pjt201
    Free Member

Lefty

slight deformation of the lower disk mount which requires carfeul tightening

ir_bandito
    Free Member

but people are still bidding! mad!

Three_Fish
    Free Member

The fork is in working condition, however the rebound is not working.

julianwilson
    Free Member

ooooh, I’ve never seen ‘backless’ IS disc tabs. I suppose as long as you don’t brake whist rolling backwards you’ll be ok 😕

*removes tongue from cheek* would there be any market for just the other parts of it? Shame seller couldn’t advertise it as such…

uwe-r
    Free Member

The force pushes the caliper into the legs so it should work but still you would not feel confident on it.

scaredypants

ooooh, I’ve never seen ‘backless’ IS disc tabs. I suppose as long as you don’t brake whist rolling backwards you’ll be ok

maybe they’re planning on using v’s

( 😉 )

molgrips
    Free Member

Seems reasonable that people are bidding on it for spares.

Three_Fish
    Free Member

Seems reasonable that people are bidding on it for spares.

It’s eBay, so it’s just as reasonable an assumption that people are bidding on it because they haven’t read the description.

Kieran

I’ve never seen ‘backless’ IS disc tabs

All lefty’s have them, makes taking the front wheel off easier, as it has to slide sideways off the axle.

In over 10 years of lefty ownership the only problem I’ve had is exactly the same as described in the ad, if you overtighten the caliper bolts you can ‘spread’ the fixing, but its no problem with a slightly larger washer and careful tightening.

The main issue with that fork is the rebound, a very costly, if at all still possible repair.

uwe-r
    Free Member

I would assume that someone is cobbling together a bike from high end / random / knackered components that will then be resprayed (with cheap spray paint) re stickered and sold for not much more than it was cobbled together for.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

as good as this one

A REAL ONE OFF, AS I BELIVE ITS ONE OF ONLY 10 MADE!

ampthill

I’ve just doen a deal with my son

tomorrow he gets a new bike. But to pay for it he has to ebay all the spare bikes in the shed.

But his spelling isn’t great. How much do you think a spelling mistake takes off the price…

bassspine
    Free Member

How much do you think a spelling mistake takes off the price…

I don’t bid on all caps, badly spelled auctions at all. You can’t be sure if it’s what you think it is if the label description is indecipherable.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Brilliant eBay advert’ is closed to new replies.