Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Brilliant customer service from apple
  • toppers3933
    Free Member

So last week my lovely wife decided to practice her basket ball skills with her iPhone, smashing the screen. It still worked however so she carried on using it and I was going to sort the screen. Then yesterday she thought it would be a good idea to drop her already poorly phone into the toilet bowl. The phone didn’t take to kindly to this an packed up for good.
    This morning got onto apple store to find out if they could repair it. They said maybe, bring it in and they’ll have a look. Worst case scenario would be £115 for a replacement handset. Not great but not the end if the world. Booked appointment and went in this evening armed with £115 expecting the worst. Explained about the dropping and the dunking and bloke said not covered under warranty (which I knew anyway) but that on this occasion they would exchange the unit for free.
    To say I was shocked is an understatement. Try that with a nokia at the carphone warehouse and they’d laugh you out the shop.
    I’ve ha issues with my iPhone in the past and they’ve always been great but they have always been proper warranty claims. Bit I was really impressed with this.

retro83
    Free Member

It’s weird, sometimes they really go out of their way to help; other times couldn’t be less interested. I had to practically beg them to fix an in warranty problem on my old Macbook yet other times they do stuff like this.

grantway
    Free Member

taken my Daughters 2007 Mac Book in for a battery problem a few weeks back and the Genius
    noticed the cracked edge on the Mac Book and said they would take it in and replace the damaged
    area free of charge.

Think there brilliant never buy a computer from any where else

aracer
    Free Member

Meanwhile those of us who manage to avoid breaking things are presumably better off not paying the premium to cover replacing stuff for people who do.

loddrik
    Free Member

Only had cause to have to deal with apple a couple of times but on both occasions they’ve been top notch.

fbk
    Free Member

Have to agree – my other half has taken her phone to Apple twice and had it replaced and repaired respectively, without charge. Almost makes me want to replace my HTC…. 😉

aracer – top bit if cynicism there, every silver lining really does have a cloud doesn’t it!

Alcopop
    Free Member

totally agree i hard drive issues with my iMac last year sorted within a day at no cost even though it was out of warranty always great service

aracer
    Free Member

top bit if cynicism there, every silver lining really does have a cloud doesn’t it

You do realise that “good customer service” isn’t free?

allthepies
    Free Member

When your profit margin is around 60% on a device which is selling like hot cakes then you can afford to have good customer service 🙂

Like Oakley, premium product, huge margin, great CS.

DickBarton

So how does that explain the great cs from Specialized then? Not a premium product as such and if the industry is to be believed, very little profit per unit…yet from what is read about online, they have brilliant cs.

allthepies
    Free Member

Small profit margins and great CS are not mutually exclusive.

chomp
    Free Member

Tey sorted out a knackered GPU on my 4 year old MacBook pro for nowt and turned it around in 2 days. When I got the bill it should’ve been £750 plus VAT

On the other hand I popped in with my 3Gs also out of warranty as it has some dust under the screen and they told me **** off (albeit very politely)

toppers3933
    Free Member

top bit if cynicism there, every silver lining really does have a cloud doesn’t it

You do realise that “good customer service” isn’t free?

yes i realise this.

All things considered I dont think that its that bad value for money. But then I always recon you get what you pay for. And if I dont, then I get something else. Could be better value I agree but then it could be worse! Just thought it was good service. They could just as easily have charged me. But given the fact that people call them for being overpriced/money grabbing is all the more surprising.

either way, try that with a nokia and you’re far more likely to be told to jog on.

Meanwhile those of us who manage to avoid breaking things are presumably better off not paying the premium to cover replacing stuff for people who do.

Accidents happen, and like I said, I was completely expecting to pay. Plus if you also have an iphone then,

1, I probably paid the same amount of premium as you.
    2, Should you too have an accident, hopefuly this service will extend to you too.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Brilliant customer service from apple’ is closed to new replies.