Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Brechfa Enduro roll call
  • GaryLake
    Free Member

Who’s doing the Brechfa Enduro this weekend? What are you riding?

Anyone got the inside on what the actual sections are going to be in relation to the trails and what route it follows (mostly black and red for example?), including the mysterious stage 4 TBC? I did the more marathon style enduro of ’09 I think, where there was some fresh hand cut singletrack and it pissed down the night before making things interesting. So not hoping for any of that! Otherwise looking forward to it…

I’ll be on a Superfly 100 AL with a dropper post… hopefully a good mix for Brechfa as I’ve never felt the need for too much travel around there.

kimbers

im on my kona dawg only ever ridden the red at brechfa so should be an experience

i am rather unfit at the moment though and rather worried it may snow and be very cold

im sleeping in the village hall the night before, which im really looking forward too as my infant son (gawdblessim) will not keep me awake all night!

GaryLake
    Free Member

Given I’m coming from Bristol I’m sort of wishing I was staying over now…

MrAgreeable

*waves*

Me, Celia, Big Dummy, Nouveau and Jamie Wideopen are all signed up. No idea what to expect, but I guess that’s part of the fun.

Unfortunately one of our party has dropped out, so we also have a spare place (and a spare B&B reservation, if anyone fancies sharing a room with a man whose girlfriend recently described one of his farts as “hanging in the air like an oily curtain”)

GaryLake
    Free Member

No, I’m not sure whether there’s going to be a heavy XC bias or a heavy gravity bias, or somewhere in middle (what I’m hoping for).

rusty90
    Free Member

I’m marshalling on one of the timed sections. Not sure of all the route details, but I AFAIK there isn’t a 4th stage, just the 3. Mainly based on bits of the red and some other natural trails put together for the occasion. The idea is to provide a mix of climbing, gravity and XC on the 3 different sections (something for everybody to hate!).

Have fun peeps.

mrbump
    Free Member

i’m doing it on my marin wolfrige with my recently fitted dropper post which i found to be very useful when i went down there last saturday to ride the gorlech and raven trails. theres some nice fast descents, mainly berms and tabletops, so hopefully the natural trails will add a bit of tech and it should be a good event and should be good for any rider on any x.c/a.m bike.

stevede
    Free Member

I’m unable to go now due to work commitments – email in profile if anyone is interested as entries are sold out.

Mal-ec
    Free Member

Marshalling, but no idea about the course layout.

grahamt1980

I’m going. Will be fun. I’m taking my pa I think as I can’t be arsed to pedal my hustler around. Love the hardtail anyway.

dan93
    Free Member

Hi Gary, Dan (Raced with Scott and met you at 3 day Black mountains)

I think with the 8 minute climbing stage you have to be on a reasonably light, decent pedalling bike (If you want to place well anyway!).

The singletrack stage is rolling with one steep climb so an xc bike would again be a good bet. Only ‘issue’ might be on the DH stage though again I think it will be more of a Cross Country downhill rather than anything too technical.

If it helps I’m riding the Ram (120mm Front, 100mm Back) with a 2.35 High Roller on the front and Ignitor 2.1 rear.

GaryLake
    Free Member

Well the Superfly sounds ideal then although to run the dropper or not… Saves a fair chunk of weight!

mtbmatt
    Free Member

We have a nice prize pot to give away, some spot prizes and some for the top riders.
    It should be a great event regardless of weather as the trails hold up well.

I’m hoping to ride the whole route tomorrow and will log distances for the whole thing and the stages.
    Not racing myself as I will be marshalling.

Personally I don’t see a need to run a dropper post, the descents are not too steep and because you are not timed on it all, you could just drop a normal post a bit before the descending section.

southwestrider

I’m in, and riding on a Trek fuel 6.5 and worrying about tyre choice! Trying to decide on Micheline 16 or 24 on front. I think the 16 is winning.

I’m also sleeping in the village hall, rather than driving from Bristol.

Don’t think snow will be an issue, but the weather forecast looks a bit windy on the day with a risk of some showers, which means having to carry water proof shorts as well as a jacket.

Looking forward to it.

kimbers

cocked, locked and ready to rock!

stevede
    Free Member

Still got my entry available if anyone wants it – would rather someone made use of it.

moonboy
    Free Member

In on this!

Not done much pedal time this year so should be a shock to the system.

Ghost AMR, Nic and Ralph. Rather be on quickish tyres and ‘deal’ with any tech descents than be hauling sticky rubber up the climbs.

Looking forward to it. Not so much the early start 🙂

oxforddan
    Free Member

yep looking forward to it as well – very early start for me. Any one how the trail conditions at the mo ? much mud to worry about? my previous experience of brechfa has been generally plenty of grip but the odd greesey patch ! still the same?

grahamt1980

Still trying to decide wether to take my hustler or the dialled PA, and suggestions from those who have ridden the area?

huw
    Free Member

Here Sir! I’m going 🙂

cakerider

Also got an entry going if anyone interested as cannot make it 🙁

Email in profile.

mrbump
    Free Member

@graham1980
    if the hustler as got air shock with pro pedal switch for the climbs i would be taking that.
    ive got a ns surge and a marin wolf ridge and after riding there last week i’m opting for the marin. theres some fast descents with lots of table top jumps and berms etc.
    i love my hardtail aswell, but for 3 short ,flatout timed section ,i know i can put a better time in on the full sus.
    either bike is fine though.

grahamt1980

I think I have settled on the hustler, mainly as its in the car and I can’t be arsed to take it out.
    Oh well either way it will be fun.
    Can’t wait now

wallop

Good luck everyone! Brechfa is lovely.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Brechfa Enduro roll call’ is closed to new replies.