Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Bramcote Hills Park, Nottingham
  • swoosh
    Free Member

Anyone know if there is any riding to be had in this park? I know there is some to be had over the other side of the road in the Hemlock Stone Open Space but have always been interested in riding in Bramcote Hills Park but everytime I think about it when i'm in the area it's either the weekend and so packed with families or late afternoon and so filled with school kids and dog walkers all getting in the way and so not condusive to easy riding and exploring. I have this afternoon off work so was thinking of getting over there before the kids finish in the schools. Is it worth it or should I just stick to Hemlock side of the road? I'm only after an hours ride from my house and its about 15 mins away so i'm only wanting to be there for about 30mins.

funkynick

The woods are about the size of a postage stamp, so there's not really going to be too much, but there are a few lines that people ride… most of which are reasonably obvious, and most seem to start from the very top of the hill.

Also, I'm not sure exactly how sanctioned the riding there is, unlike the stuff over the back of Hemlock, which is… and as you say, it's usually full of people, kids and dogs so hooning about on the bike is never gonna be the best option! Although at night it's pretty much deserted… :o)

You'd probably be better getting yourself over to Bestwood though really…

davey99
    Free Member

Frankly wouldn't bother, there is next to nothing.
    Stick to the Hemlock side, go out towards Trowell if you fancy a change, a few pleasant canal side rides, but nothing very demanding.
    We usually ride down the back way to Strelley village, or out on the Nutbrook towards Shipley Park, usually pretty quiet weekdays, apart from the odd chav on moped curse.
    D.

StuF

It used to be ok (for early morning / night work) but now they've made it friendly to walkers (loads of steps) so the decent into car park is a bit more lumpy, there are a couple of other trails but they're short.

I tend to use it for a couple of laps if I can't be bothered to think of anything else + its only a couple of mins from my house

swoosh
    Free Member

well i might give it a go so i know where i'm going come the winter months and i go there when it's dark and its deserted.

StuF

swoosh – drop me a line if you want to meet up – I could do with some other fool(s) to go out in the dark with.

One winters night I remember getting to the top of the hemlock stone and several army cadets in full camouflage gear jumping out. Ahhhh!

alexpalacefan

Stuf, YHM re. Notts riding

A

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Bramcote Hills Park, Nottingham’ is closed to new replies.