Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Bournemouth Air show
  • Kevsterjw
    Free Member

Does anyone have any good ideas on where can I park outside Bournemouth to walk in, lets say a mile?

Or a good viewing spot outside the town?

40mpg

I usually head for Southbourne, bit of a queue getting in, then work away from the coast until I find a space. Never been more than half a mile yet (and I don’t get there early).

I reckon unless you’re on the beach or cliff (or in a yacht) you won’t see much from elsewhere – other than black dots buzzing round the sky.

Might have to be up on the cliff to watch the Lancs though!

Edit – we’ve always sat on the beach just East of Boscombe pier as its much less crowded but still right under the flight path

Freester

Previous years I’ve got the train. Then found a spot up on East Cliff to watch.

Last year on the Sunday I drove straight in to car park up by the Triangle / Library. Cheap on a Sunday and no traffic hassle at all. Did come in the back way via Poole / Alder Road etc.

You need to be on the sea front for a good view.

Oh and: http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/bournemouth-air-show

brassneck

It’s only a tenner for the park n ride. Plenty of room on the sea front, just walk west of the pier .. most of the displays are targetted west, but it’s a bit quieter there.

Edit – we’ve always sat on the beach just East of Boscombe pier as its much less crowded but still right under the flight path

LoL, that’s the other option!

dave_rudabar
    Free Member

We usually come into B’Mouth via Wallisdown Road/the Uni complex, but i’m just going to use the park & ride this time I think.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

I always watch from the Big Bike Bash as it is directly under the flight path. Possibly not the best place for the displays but there is a beer festival there which kind of sways it for me.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Bournemouth Air show’ is closed to new replies.