Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 49 total)
  • Bloody Take That, Take This
  • BobaFatt
    Free Member

So the wife likes Take That, and now Robbies back with them all set to fleece us some more I have to get up at stupid o’clock (work till midnight) to help her try to get tickets priced at £85 a piece

I must be out of my tiny mind

Cougar

Good luck with that. The Internet appears to have melted.

scaredypants

you trying now ?

**** impossible – finally got onto an order page, 4 tickets for 800 quid (implication that this was per ticket as well 😯

BobaFatt
    Free Member

Been trying since before 9 just to get on the websites, traffic is obviousley massive, to be expected i suppose.

800 quid, are they playing in your living room?

scaredypants

405 – HTTP verb used to access this page is not allowed

WTF is that ??

Bobba – for that price, I’d expect at least a shag off robbie & the tubby geezer

binners

I’m presently listening to Key 103 (not my choice I might add). You’d think it was the second **** coming!!!

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I’m getting updates from a girl I’ve been seeing about how she’s getting on with booking tickets for at least 5 different tour dates…..

Is this a sign I should Take Flight?

scaredypants

no, just buy yourself a robbie mask and surrender to the hysteria !

DezB
    Free Member

Is this a sign I should Take Flight?

I would! Bad musical taste is not to be tolerated!

enduro-aid
    Free Member

Ive been kinda half arsed trying since 9 (not much happening in work today)

thought they would make a nice xmas for the misses but starting to think it aint worth the hassle, but then again i do get 25% off the price with RBS

coolhandluke
    Free Member

My wife has been on the other ‘puter since 9am and no luck.

What I love (not) is that Ticketmaster also owns Getmein.com also where they take commission on sale of tickets. They basically tok all the ticket touts and put them on the internet for a slice of wedge.

Take That tickets are on getmein.com but at twice the price. 👿

ourmaninthenorth

HeeHee.

Business I work for runs the phone lines for Ticketmaster. There’s a slight sense of meltdown in one of the engineering teams at the moment….

Volume of calls is around four times the max limit the system is designed to cope with.

I never realised so many people had so little taste in “music”.

Spongebob
    Free Member

The misses wants tickets too. Been trying for a while now. Found one lot if jokers that are charging £200 for a face value standing ticket of £55! Cheeky feckers! All other sites are in meltdown.

I guess i’ll be spending all day trying. I wouldn’t mind if they were a decent band!

Took her to see Robbie Williams at Knebworth a few years ago. Got fleeced £150 and he was mediocre. Orson and Basement Jaxx performed that day and they were both fantastic.

RW and Take That – very overated, but then womwn always do choose pop bands based on their looks rather than their musical ability.

doctornickriviera
    Free Member

Always the same for any major tour. TM etc couldnt give a shit and it’s just legalised scalping. It’s around this time you realise how little all artists care about their “fans”!!

scaredypants

I never realised so many people had so little taste in “music”.

Aye, mind the video of the last tour did look fantastic – I’m nearly tempted to get a ticket for me as well

GlitterGary
    Free Member

I’d pay £200 NOT to see Robbie ‘Fat Dancer from Take That’ Williams.

Link:

😆

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

HeeHee.

Business I work for runs the phone lines for Ticketmaster. There’s a slight sense of meltdown in one of the engineering teams at the moment….

Volume of calls is around four times the max limit the system is designed to cope with.

Whats even funnier, is that the phone systems clearly SO far up the spout that the people sitting round the next desk to me (who sell gym equipment) have had about eighty calls this morning, from people who are clearly quite disappointed that rather than being overjoyed they’ve got through to the Key 103 ticket hotline, they’ve got through to some slightly bewildered office staff 😆

pistola
    Free Member

I eventually got onto a site but when I saw the prices I had to call the wife and see if she wanted to see TT that badly. Thankfully, she said ‘**** no, not at that price!’

That’s why I married her. 😀

D28boy
    Free Member

Hey Pistola what are the ticket prices?

-m-
    Free Member

Aye, mind the video of the last tour did look fantastic – I’m nearly tempted to get a ticket for me as well

Don’t bother. They’re not my bag (at all!) but I had the misfortune to see them at a corporate gig they did a few years ago (after one of their previous comeback tours). I think there’s merit in good quality live performances even if you’re not a fan of the music, but Take That’s entire set was sung flatter than a pancake that had been steamrollered – not because they weren’t trying but, apparently, because they’re wholly incapable of singing in any other way.

Didn’t stop the entire female contingent of the audience getting totally carried away with how ‘amazing’ it was though…

stilltortoise
    Free Member

tried to get some tickets for Manchester. The booking fee was £42 and the “shipping” was £9.95. They’re a couple of paper tickets FFS! £10 “shipping?!” Barmy! Think I’ll go and watch the world cup in Fort Bill instead

stuey
    Free Member

SO is still at it – and she’s got a meeting to get to by 1300 – I better get out of the house, before we get a ‘Robbie wobble’.

scottyjohn
    Free Member

Mrs just got a bunch for the Glasgow gig, they suddenly added on an additional date and a few people here have now got them

zokes
    Free Member

I must be out of my tiny mind

On the plus side, that is almost a brilliant lyric, from a band that actually had some musical talent.

Free Took Those tickets to the first who works out who it is…

carbon337
    Free Member

Just got two for Sunderland – bloody £122.00 Im sure they will sell later if we cant make it as our new baby will be 4 month old by then.

zokes
    Free Member

Well, what’s the worst that could happen between now and next July eh??

I guess Michael Jackson set quite a precedent for failed comeback tours….

instanthit
    Free Member

My wife has just let me know she has two tickets (i WONT be joining her) but this is exceptionally good news as it means i will no doubt be entitled to a weekend awayday pass to ride.

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member
    hora
    Free Member

Was it last year the ageing poppers played a week-long set in Manchester?

We were regailed night after night hearing their bloody relight my fire (well you wont be doing stages when your Cliff Richards age will you?)…

Anyway- they kept raising the volume. On the last night though it was almost inaudible. Im guessing alot of residents kicked off 😆

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Got some late morning from ticketline over the phone for the standard prices, £85 each for seated at Manchester

big_scot_nanny

Just bought 2 VIP tickets for the missus and her pal, don’t ask the price. 😯

I am a wee bit sad I’m not going as I bet it would be fab. But, as ‘instant hit’ said, a weekend alone with kids will be a laugh for me, and it gives me a pass for an alpine weekend with the boys for a good biking blast. win win! 😀

Kev

hora
    Free Member

Funky, where in Manc are they playing?

I_Ache
    Free Member

Just got some for Brum right at the back right in the middle!

DavidFelt
    Free Member

On the plus side, that is almost a brilliant lyric, from a band that actually had some musical talent.

Free Took Those tickets to the first who works out who it is…

Furniture – Brilliant Mind, now, there’s a song!

Whos_Daddy
    Free Member

Just bought 2 VIP tickets for the missus and her pal, don’t ask the price.

C’mon on, how much??? 😯

ams09121974
    Free Member

After trying all morning just managed to get two for London @ £80.00 each.
    It had better be good!

BIGMAN
    Free Member

Bought 8… 55quid each…

And £5 booking fee for each ticket!!!

doctornickriviera
    Free Member

yep ticketmaster are bastards arent they.

Hanky

Bloody nightmare, having spend ridiculous amount of time on phone this morning manage to get 1 only Silver Ticket from MCFC, around £150.00!

Ring SO, expecting gratitude etc. she decides she can’t go on her own, we have words.

Bastard TT announce extra Manchester date whilst I’m in meeting, this afternoon SO buys 4 Silver tickets from MCFC and is very happy – I give up.

Perhaps now is a good time to show her the email from Flow re. Mega next year?

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Jeez Hanky ungrateful or what!! But at least it will be easy to sell on. Am I one of the few that doesn’t understand the hysteria? their music is shite and getting worse and what ridiculous prices for the tickets. Glad I have no interest.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘Bloody Take That, Take This’ is closed to new replies.