Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Blandford Forum riding?
  • agentdagnamit
    Free Member

We’re spending the weekend down there with relatives. Anyone got route ideas? I can see an obvious 10 mile loop from Shillingstone that we’ll do that passes right by the bike park, so might take pads and big helmets and drop in there.

Any other suggestions for a longer ride in the area, or between there and Bristol?

What do people make of the Bike Park – is it worth a visit, would you pay £25 for a 100m vertical uplift service?

cheers

wattsymtb
    Free Member

I would recommend doing a half day uplift. It is a good place to ride and has 3 full tracks as well as some big jumps. Tnd the uplift is very quick. I did an afternoon the other day and got in 9 runs i think. I missed the last one cus i was knackered.

There isn’t that much good XC in the area. I’d recommend going up to hambledon/hod hill (they are right next to each other and are just over from the bikepark).

agentdagnamit
    Free Member

thanks

boxxer7
    Free Member

Puddletown forest has some good riding with plenty of singletrack well worth a trip for the day, it’s between blandford and dorchester.

luke
    Free Member

Are you actually going to be in Blandford or one of the out lying villages?

agentdagnamit
    Free Member

Staying in Blandford overnight, but can stop on the way from or back to Bristol

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Blandford Forum riding?’ is closed to new replies.