Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • blackburn airstick
  • grantus
    Free Member

anyone got one of these? anyone found it impossible to get the pump head to stay on a presta valve lol! heap of shite!

Driller
    Free Member

I used one for quite a while and had no problems with it staying on a Presta valve. I did find it took far too long to inflate an MTB tyre though and swapped to a Blackburn Mammoth Air, which I’ve been super happy with. Just about the same weight, it just takes slightly more room up in your pack, the perfect MTB mini-pump as far as I’m concerned.

Blackburn’s lifetime warranty should look after you if the parts in the head are worn though, maybe get in touch with where you bought it from?

nickjb
    Free Member

I had one that fell apart while pumping up a tyre. One of the black ends snapped at the thread. A friend of mine at a bike shop got the supplier to replace the broken part. After a while the other end fell off, after several emails I got a replacement, a whole new pump. This time the pin fell out of the handle. Not as critical a fault but a bit annoying. It now lives a draw and mountain morph comes out riding with me.

grantus
    Free Member

lol this was the first time i’ve tried to use it and it was pitiful!

Bought it down in the borders while mtb’ing a couple of months ago so no chance of taking it back but never had to use it up until getting a puncture on the way to work this morning. Luckily the puncture was 2 minutes from work or i’d still be out on the road trying to inflate a new tube!.

Went out at lunchtime and got a Lezyne with a flexi-hose – nae bother at all albeit 25 quid lighter in the wallet 🙁

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘blackburn airstick’ is closed to new replies.