Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • Blackberries
  • chrisdw
    Free Member

If you are after a BB alternative try the Nokia E71. Has the Ovi Store for a limited app base and has GPS.

Can sync to multiple mail accounts etc. I really like mine. Only problem is I get bored of phones quickly.

zokes
    Free Member

app ecosystem

WTF?

Blackberries are quite unreliable…

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=kAG39jKi0lI[/video]

stevemorg2

If you are interested I’m selling my son’s 9300- 3 or 4 months old, case and screen protector from new and on Orange.

convert

The best thing about the Blackberry (at least the one that I have) is that it’s not just trying to be an iPhone. There is already a perfectly fantastic phone that does that.

This.

I have an iphone 4s, wife has a BB bold 9780. She has no interest in maps, finding train times, checking the news, playing iplayer, flying birds or throwing paper a bin in a windy office. For text,email and you know..actually using it as a phone it’s great and can do some of the rest after a fashion. She also seems to be glued to facebook on it too.

If you ask the average iphone user about the state of their battery they will nearly always be able to tell you to within 10% of what’s left as it has to be so carefully managed (even on the 4s). My wife’s BB battery lasts for days between charges. That is a major advantage for some – you don’t have to be half as anal.

lump

BB fails as a usable browser

Opera mini is really good on the Blackberry

Just picked up a 9900 Bold, it makes the Iphone 4 I had before it look like the toy it is

Total agree with that. The 9900 is fantastic phone

Ok then, anyone want to recommend me a non touch screen phone with a proper keyboard, that isn’t a samsung (cause they’re useless)?

If you want the best Blackberry available then go for the 9900 above you wont be disappointed

RealMan
    Free Member

Can’t really afford the bold unfortunately, have got a curve 9360 arriving today hopefully. I would say this means you lot can stop arguing, but that’s not really true..

Thanks for all the advice anyway.

Also, one thing I don’t like about iphones is I think they look and feel like toys. They just feel like their for kids. BBs look so much more sophisticated IMO. Might just be the people who I’ve met who have owned them though.

FuzzyWuzzy

used to use BB’s at work, switched to iPhones 18 months ago – given I don’t use it much as a phone and only occasionally read emails on it I much prefer the iPhone. I do struggle to understand the appeal of BB’s for email though, we support them for one of our clients (as well as a BES server), the keyboards seem much more of a hassle to use vs the iPhone’s touchscreen keyboard, although I do have big hands/fat fingers :p
    RIM/BB won’t fold, they’re likely to get taken over next year though although what impact that will have is unclear but they can’t go on as they are so something will need to change.

_tom_
    Free Member

the keyboards seem much more of a hassle to use vs the iPhone’s touchscreen keyboard, although I do have big hands/fat fingers :p

I find it the other way round. I can type really quickly and accurately on my BBs keypad, but struggle to get any where near the speed or accuracy on my iPod Touch..

Personally I find apple products more of a toy rather than something reliable to use on a daily basis.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

BBs are very popular with the yoof of today – that must say something about their prospects…

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘Blackberries’ is closed to new replies.