Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Black plastic wall fixing – what is it?
  • FeeFoo
    Free Member

We’ve recently moved house and this is on the wall outside. Can anyone tell me what this is?

andyl
    Free Member

looks like a cup for a security gate. Is it in a narrow gap?

Northwind

Listening device

paulosoxo
    Free Member

Stopper for door handle?

Baby gate mount?

EDIT Gah andyl

hilton83
    Free Member

Looks like a sensor for a something,maybe a security light? Unscrew it and look behind it! Post a picture of the back and i can probably give you a better idea, (electrician by trade).

Rubber_Buccaneer

Limpet mine, don’t touch it!

FeeFoo
    Free Member

It’s about a foot to the right of the gas meter box. I’ll unscrew it and have a look – looks more of a mount than a sensor to me.

It’s in the middle of the front wall of the house, about two foot from the ground.

hilton83
    Free Member

haha i live in an apartment building and i have always presumed they are sensors for lights to come on in the corridors, there is one out side every apartment door, so i just took off the one outside my door and it has a small grey cable in it. inside and in my water tank cupboard is my water meter with a small grey cable going into it, the meter says “smart meter” on it so i think the water company come round and scan the black round thing and it gives them a meter reading, being so close to your gas meter i guess its for gas meter readings. so they dont have to come in your house or you have to ring them up with it.

wilsonthecat
    Free Member

Yep, it’s for taking water meter readings.

FeeFoo
    Free Member

It has got wiring to it….

FeeFoo
    Free Member

The wiring goes through the wall towards the kitchen sink area, but the units cover up where it is connected to.
    Any ideas?

andyl
    Free Member

ahh that’s cool.

pinches
    Free Member

can you push the bit in the middle in, like a switch?

slimraybob
    Free Member

only cut the red wire

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

You’ve had the answers already… It’s a remote reader for the water meter, the meter readers have a gizmo that they offer up to your fitting an hey preto, meter read without having to come inside….

flip
    Free Member

only cut the red wire

Lolllzzzz

FeeFoo
    Free Member

Ta very much. Water meter sensor gizmo.
    I’ll sleep easy tonight.

Muke
    Free Member

I’ll sleep easy tonight

Not now that you have activated the antitamper nebby get flux scrinsen you wont 😉

TheBrick
    Free Member

Blazin-saddles – Member
    You’ve had the answers already… It’s a remote reader for the water meter, the meter readers have a gizmo that they offer up to your fitting an hey preto, meter read without having to come inside….

Yeah right, that’s what they want you to think. Rip it off, it the NWO bugging your house. I ripped mine off of my house now I keep on getting letters claiming to be from utilities companies trying to get into my house. The perfect cover.

You have been warned.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Black plastic wall fixing – what is it?’ is closed to new replies.