Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Black mountain 3 day or South downs challenge
  • hughjengin
    Free Member

Hopefully going to do one or the other, opinions on which to do. Did the Transwales last year and loved that

Clink

Which SD challenge? There appear to be a few…

hughjengin
    Free Member

Ah, research error, I thought there was one main 3 day event

tuuga
    Free Member

I’m thinking of Balck Mountains 3 days this year with the missus. Anyone going?

Ambrose

Black Mountain or Black Mountains?

Tell me more.

Paceman
    Free Member

South Downs Challenge is the the full South Downs Way in one day 😯

95% non-technical (unless it’s rained heavily on the chalk), but a serious endurance challenge nonetheless.

HermanShake
    Free Member

The Way and back has been done in a day by some beast of a man. I aim to do the Way in a day in Summer when we have more daylight. It’s hard to persuade people to do it with you, my mates want to camp/B&B half way. I hear starting from Winchester is the easier way to go.

Paceman
    Free Member

Start early in Winchester, more likely to get a tail wind going that way, and the final descent into Eastbourne is great.

offthebrakes
    Free Member

I hear starting from Winchester is the easier way to go.

You’re more likely to have the prevailing wind behind you going West-East. But if there’s not much wind then I’ve found East-West easier, getting the most relentless section of climbing done while legs are still fresh.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Black mountain 3 day or South downs challenge’ is closed to new replies.