Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Bit more info on Cav
  • RealMan
    Free Member

When I said info I meant speculation BTW.

titusrider
    Free Member

how ironic would it be if he ends up without a ride!

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

I’d love it if he didn’t have a ride for next year.

There’d be hell on if a footballer caused this much drama

njee20
    Free Member

No there wouldn’t, don’t be daft! A footballer can be accused of rape with less attention given by the media!

He’ll end up with a ride, probably a Spesharello or something!

Junkyard
    Free Member

hes going to SKY they are just haggling

aP
    Free Member

I don’t see Cav earning £250k a week them refusing to go to work when told, do you?
    He’s just looking after his best interests as the new World Champion – do you begrudge him doing that? Surely all you Monday Club boys should be hunched over your desks with Madame Palm and her five lovely daughters at his display of free market enterprise.

warton
    Free Member

I imagine his sponsorship deal with Nike, and Skys adidas deal is raising more issues than the bike tbh.

and his new deal with wasserman, i bet his estimation of his worth went up quite a bit after his first chat with them

speaker2animals

It’s a strange one really. I personally don’t want him at Sky (like what I want matters of course) as I really want them to keep pushing at the Tour Yellow jersey. If Cav joins them then problems arise and maybe that is another sticking point. He probably wants a team who will help him win Green. While I’m sure Sky would be happy to gain the green jersey is it really possible to build a team that can have a realistic chance at both Yellow and Green? I personally don’t think so. To me Sky need at least one more good to excellent mountains rider than they had this year. Climbers do not good flat land/lead out riders make. Granted Cav can now follow other wheels for wins but the percentage conversion has to go down compared to HTC days.

London Olympics – again in my opinion too much emphasis is put on this. I can see the massive attraction to Sky of having the rider with possibly the greatest chance of winning Gold (even though obviously not in the actual race) but to my mind Sky/British Cycling are still wearing their Track glasses where Olympic Gold is the pinnacle. To me there are MUCH bigger prizes in road racing, do they really want to bring on board a rider for 2012 who then puts a spanner in the Yellow Jersey works?

Time will tell.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Bit more info on Cav’ is closed to new replies.