• This topic has 31 replies, 18 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by taka.
Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Bikes stolen in leeds
  • RicB

Nicked from my garage in Horsforth on Monday night. Took the b*stards 90mins to get through the security but no-one saw or heard anything.

Yeti 575 (old model), black painted, small. Hope hoops, K24s, Fox 32vrlc 15qr
    Voodoo Wanga copper colour, 17", singlespeed, Magura laurins
    Speclalized hardrock WSD, blue with Toras, Hayes brakes and no rear rotor

Email in profile if anyone sees/hears anything.

Thanks for looking, Ric

Wally

Very sorry for your loss.

lord
    Free Member

ill keep an eye open for you , i spotted a horrible looking specialized on xmas day thats been reunited

firestarter
    Free Member

sorry to hear that mate i'll keep my eyes peeled when out and about.

dawson

sorry to hear they have been pinched.

If you don't mind me asking, how do you know it took them 90 minutes?

sturmey
    Free Member

Let ed know rick he did a sterling job when jennys went missing. I will keep my eyes out

myfatherwasawolf
    Free Member

F***ers!
    Will keep my eyes peeled but doubt they'll end up Otley end…

Hope they we're insured.

myfatherwasawolf
    Free Member

that's were not we're…. 😳

carlosg
    Free Member

There's a group of scum that live down on the Hawksworth estate that rob bikes , a mate at work was offered a Marin that obviously was robbed last year when at a mates house(with his own bike) , his friend who lives there said the same lads were always on different 'quality' bikes.

I live near the train station and will keep my eyes open round here.

Daffy

I'll keep an eye out around the centre and the uni.

Can you post up some pics so we know exactly what we're looking for?

RicB

Thanks guys 🙂

Will post up pics later.

If you don't mind me asking, how do you know it took them 90 minutes?

Neighbour's cctv caught them, police have the footage and are going to enhance it. Fingers crossed.

There's a group of scum that live down on the Hawksworth estate that rob bikes

I followed the tyre tracks (Bonty Mud xs are fairly distinctive) through the woods up to the Silkmills estate (cookridge hospital way).

Question now is do I get another nice bike, as I figure they'll be back in a few months when they know the insurance has (hopefully!) paid up. We're planning to move house in spring so may wait until then

Daffy

Go to boneshakers in Harrogate, tell em that you're gonna be in the market for a new bike soon and would like to test ride some of their stock. They'll take a CC number for insurance and charge you £45 to ride as many bikes as you like over the next however many weeks.

Loads of bikes (almost) no money, dont have to worry about theft. Buy a new bike from them in the spring.

carlosg
    Free Member

Always having a quick looksy on Gumtree , could this be one of your bikes?
    http://leeds.gumtree.com/leeds/81/52599681.html
    Have mailed you too.

chakaping
    Free Member

Certainly looks a bit sus.

carlosg
    Free Member

Thats what I thought , not much specific info when generally singlespeeds are a bit niche to most people

chakaping
    Free Member

Worrying as I'm planning on moving to that bit of Leeds in the next year.

Is Horsforth/Cookridge really bad for bike thefts?

carlosg
    Free Member

I live there and although I keep the good bikes inside ,the also rans are in the shed we've never had any problems.

.duncan
    Free Member

deffo looks suspect but different forks..

Ratty
    Free Member

that Gumtree pic also appears HERE

doesn't prove 'owt, but they could have just borrowed the pic, which would explain the forks being different.

I'd suggest no-one contacting the Gumtree seller just in case Ric wants to look into it further.

aluminium frame huh ; )

RicB

Cheers lads. Ad doesn't mention singlespeed either, which most people would mention if selling one. Might do a bit of digging into this

carlosg
    Free Member

RicB , this is on gumtree again and this time the forks are mentioned , strangly enough they appear to be Magura Laurins!!!!

http://leeds.gumtree.com/leeds/89/53432889.html

sturmey
    Free Member

RicB ygm about ad on gumtree again.

carlosg
    Free Member
    gingerflash

I'd say that was Ric's. Right forks, singlespeed, bonty mud-x on the back, looks like it might be a USE stem too.

Sorry to hear they've gone Ric, but maybe there's a chance of getting the Voodoo back.

Gareth_Uglow
    Free Member

Good luck getting the Voodoo back. Hope you get the police involved in this one. That or the local rugby team…

EDIT perhaps this thread should be pulled, if the gumtree chap has any brains he'll be checking for the url of his ad popping up on forums.

carlosg
    Free Member

It's been highlighted on the previous 2 times he's had it on gumtree I think we could quite safely say he can't be too clever.

Jase
    Free Member

if no one else can help – and if you can find
    him – maybe you can hire: Jedi

Good luck

jimjimthehumanbin2
    Free Member

note to self; 'add landmine to garage'

ffs. they must be spying on what peeps round that area.

mrsflash
    Free Member

Gutted for you Ric 🙁

RicB

I've been keeping an eye on the adverts – police are aware and have been looking into it.

Thanks for the emails folks – nice feeling to know people are looking out for each other 🙂

RicB

Singlespeed now on ebay. Don't want to post a link but not too difficult to find.

Police say they can't access Ebay from work ffs!

taka
    Free Member

buy it then go kick the sh1t out of them then strip them naked and tie them to a lamp post ill come help 😉 sorry to hear it anyways 😯

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘Bikes stolen in leeds’ is closed to new replies.