Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Bikes on FlyBe
  • trailmonkey

Anyone got actual experience of taking a bike with these muppets ?

I need to know what the maximum weight of a bike bag can be as the website is not overly clear and different customer service agents are telling me different things.

Help.

Si
    Free Member

Your all doomed I reckon…

Del

yep, me, as you know.
    having just had a look i don’t think the flybe site is terribly informative, true, however i would take the view that if they do not make restrictions obvious and available then they cannot be applied, or, if they are, there is good grounds to pursue them for any punitive charges after the event.
    i can’t find any mention of weight restrictions on bicycles, other than the single item weight not exceeding 30kg. anything else i see is related to baggage, NOT bicycles.

i expect there’s still time to ship your bike by your chosen courier, should you wish to….
    😉

zip
    Free Member

Referring to them as muppets is a bit harsh. After all you are putting your life in their hands. I flew with them about 4 years ago and remember having to notify them in advance by phone that i was intending to bring bikes due to the size of the aircraft (Dash 8). I know their fleet still mostly comprise of these but they have the larger Embraer aircraft now as well, depends where you are flying. I don’t recall having any issues with the airline but watching the baggage handlers from the terminal was painful.

trailmonkey

Referring to them as muppets is a bit harsh. After all you are putting your life in their hands

I’m confident that they won’t crash the plane on account of my impudence.

Si
    Free Member

oh i dont know…when they realise they have a freakish knuckle dragging gibbon on board theres no knowing their reaction

trailmonkey

moi ?

trailmonkey

bumpity bump

slugwash
    Free Member

T M, I’ve phoned Flybe and they say that the plane to Malaga this Saturday is an Embraer 195 capable of taking well in excess of ten bikes in its substantial hold and not a Flybe twin propeller jobby with a tiny luggage compartment. The chap on the phone also said that it was a flat rate of £30 per bike each way up to 30kg and with no bearing/reduction on our current booked baggage weight limits. Although if you’re taking the bike in the above picture then I suspect that it’ll fit in your hand luggage. I’ll drop by yours at 3.30am on Saturday morning on the way to Jim’s. Get the coffee machine on 🙂

The Embraer 195….

trailmonkey

3.30 ????? 😯 WTF OMG !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

we haven’t got to be at Jims’ until 4. any callers before 3.45 will be welcomed with boiling oil from the ramparts.

callers after that time will be welcomed with hot coffee 8)

Shinythings
    Free Member

You wouldn’t believe me would you 🙄 It would help if they gave their call centre staff some basic facts about their own rules and regs!
    Every one of them gets exceptional loads and standard baggage allowances mixed up. Took confirmation from a supervisor for me to be happy.

To add to my annoyance, I can’t for the life of me, find the height limits for sodding car park 3! Seeing as how I’m taking the van it would be nice to double check.

Yes, by 4 please, would like to get it all parked/done and have time for a greasy overpriced and thoroughly unpleasant breakfast.

Will I be able to bring back a Sombrero and a stuffed Donkey?

trailmonkey

I’m still keeping my bike bag under 20kg, although once I’ve sailed through check in, I’ll be more than happy to watch everyone else argue for their statutory rights at 5 a.m.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Bikes on FlyBe’ is closed to new replies.