Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • bike to work question
  • trickpsyclist
    Free Member

a year ago i took advantage of my employers bike to work scheme. Rather than simply get another bike, i decided to buy two sets of wheels. The bike shop helpfully submitted the details for a ‘marin eldridge grade – rrp £999’. i made full use of the new wheels, cycling daily to work, including longer journeys by bike for work.

Now the suppliers want a recent photo of the bike!

Do i (a) come clean explaining what in fact i bought? or (b) get hold of a photo of said bike from somewhere passing it off as my own? or (c) take photo of another bike of mine saying that i bought it instead of the stated bike?

suggestions please?

Drac

Your going to need one of these.

Kbrembo
    Free Member

trickpsyclist
    Free Member

mm. is that 2010?

interesting!

steve_b77
    Free Member

You could say it was nicked and you replaced it with the bike you actually ride.

Which AFAIK under the terms of the hire agreement you must replace a bike that’s stolen while you’re paying for it 😀

peterfile
    Free Member

suggestions please?

you need to be careful what you say, because HMRC don’t really like things like this (where they offer a tax saving scheme and people defraud them in return).

If it was me, I would have lost the bicycle some time ago but didn’t report it stolen or lost (there was no point because I didn’t bother getting it insured).

To be perfectly honest, and this isn’t directed at you in particular, this sort of thing really pisses me off.

CTW no longer offers the same value as it did before, and I think that’s partly to do with a lot of people REALLY taking the piss.

Sure, some people added a bit onto the voucher amount for a better bike, but that mainly raises question of ownership.

Buying wheels at the expense of HMRC is pushing it a bit.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘bike to work question’ is closed to new replies.