Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Bike stand for 2 bikes – thoughts?
  • Duane…
    Free Member

Want to store two bikes in my room, but the free wall is just an internal stud wall, so not too easy to mount anything to it.

Seen these (at a cheaper price than listed), and it looks alright.

http://www.cyclestore.co.uk/productDetails.asp?productID=6638

Anyone used them? Sturdy? Stable? Won’t topple over if theres just a bike on the top hook?

One worry I have is the bike I’d be keeping on the bottom isn’t exactly conventionally shaped (see pic below), so not too sure how well the hooks would work? Any thoughts?

Ta, Duane 🙂

andyl
    Free Member

crikey that is expensive.

mav12
    Free Member

What about the pulley sytem aldi and lidl sell screw to the ceiling and hoid
    the bike up

el_diablo
    Free Member

I have the same bike stand, think it was £20 or £30 from Aldi or Lidl.

I store an Orange 5 and an Orange Blood on it. I’ll take a picture later, but the Blood is a very similar shape to your bike.

I have one hook under the down tube and the other behind the top of the seat tube which works fine. The Five on top has one hook under the top tube and one under the down tube.

Like I say I’ll take a picture later.

el_diablo
    Free Member

Forgot to say….

If your bars are any wider than 640mm, don’t expect your wheels to stay straight without stepping the stand away from the wall.,

Duane…
    Free Member

el_diablo, do you have it bolted to the wall or anything? Pics would be great.

el_diablo
    Free Member

Just one bolt at the top, but it’s only to steady it.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Bike stand for 2 bikes – thoughts?’ is closed to new replies.