Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Bike Mount for an iPhone4?
  • MrNutt
    Free Member

does such a thing exist? something geared more towards video capture than just a bar mount, any ideas?

mogrim

Isn't that just asking for trouble? First ride with it you're guaranteed to fall off!

joemarshall
    Free Member

If you really want to do video capture, probably the best bet is some kind of chest/helmet mount.

You can get pda grips that attach to camera mounting systems, which would let you do it, but the systems are bloody expensive and I don't know of anything that lets video work, but still protects the phone, which is going to be a real risk – very expensive phone and very fragile.

For less money than a fancy mount system (ones I've seen, you're talking hundreds of pounds) you could probably pick up a video camera or compact digital camera that will take far better footage than a pretty mediocre phone camera like the iphone.

Joe

robdob
    Free Member

Errr "pretty mediocre" – it does shoot full HD video, so I'd think its worth it!
    However, I wouldn't strap on to my bike in a million years, better getting a Go Pro or similar.

simon_g

Mediocre iphone footage: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5JQdgvzuL0

That said, for actual on-bike footage a GoPro will be a much better idea!

joemarshall
    Free Member

it does shoot full HD video, so I'd think its worth it!

full HD video on a tiny sensor behind a tiny little lens. It is good for a phone, but it is only 720p video (which is nice, but not really a massive improvement on 640×480 30fps that most previous phones did), and the quality of that slightly higher number of pixels is nowhere near that of a proper camera.

Joe

brant
    Free Member

NC-17 have released a "speedo" type facing one, but not for a camera mount (I think?)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Bike Mount for an iPhone4?’ is closed to new replies.