Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Bike insurance while at Uni
  • Dibbs
    Free Member

My sister’s just emailed for idea’s on insuring her sons road bike while he’s at Uni in Exeter. Does anyone know of any sensibly priced options?

Cheers

CaptainBudget
    Free Member

Endsleigh offer a pretty reasonable deal. They came to our stand at uni this year and offered to insure our bikes. They told me their policy covered race crashes, theft and any broken bits. They would replace said parts like for like new.

This meant in real terms if my Orange 222 broke they’d replace it with a brand new 224 evo (like for like new). The downside is that they won’t insure anything over 1.5K, hence why they couldn’t insure the Orange (they were rather shocked when I told them how much a 222 was when it was brand new.

I think they’d have wanted a one or two hundred pounds for my hardtail (worth 1500 if you bought everything new including the custom spec), but I didn’t have any spare cash.

awh
    Free Member

I never found any sensibly priced insurance. Better off spending the money on locks and a very cheap 2nd bike for taking to the shops, uni, pub etc.

A bike box is useful for secretly storing your bike in halls which have a no bikes indoors policy!

c_klein87

Might be worth checking that the bike isn’t covered on her house insurance, my bike was nicked from the uni bike sheds and my parents house insurance paid out 1500quid despite knowing it wasn’t at home.

Steve_B

House insurance will cover it whilst in halls (well M&S Premier does)

Gets more complicated if in a flat – espec if shared with others – when AWH prob has the best solution

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Bike insurance while at Uni’ is closed to new replies.