Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Bike for person of smaller stature
  • theotherjonv

OK, it’s a child.

She’s outgrown her 24″ wheeled Hotrock (which will be for sale in due course) and was looking idly at B’twin ones in Decathlon earlier. But their entry level ones with 26″ wheels are V-brake only (which may not be a disqualification), and to get to discs you need to get a 27.5

Thoughts, does the extra wheel size make much difference, she’s about 5 ft tall already so bottom of their recommended S sizing rather than needing the XS that the 26er comes in (although I wouldn’t buy without proper sizing) – will it be a comparatively long bike to get the wheel size in, given she’s a typical long legs short body girl shape.

Anything else worth looking at at that price point (apart from 2H on here)

MoreCashThanDash

MrsMC has a Pinnacle Kauri, and she is more petite than your daughter. It’s a great bike, but rigid only.

LittleMissMC is now riding this beauty:

Doting Dads Budget Buster

She is just under 5′ now, and that is an XS Commencal frame.

By the way, a long time ago you sold one of your daughter’s very pink Ridgeback bikes to a fellow forumite late one dark winter’s night at Trowell motorway services. LittleMissMC loved that pink bike. 😀

theotherjonv

i remember it well!

sparkyspice
    Free Member

Just bought a Trek Marlin 6 for my daughter in 13.5″. 27.5 wheels, hydraulic brakes and forks that work have transformed her riding.
    Got a free fritting from my local Trek retailer (ACTiV Cycles Folkestone) and 10% off as a loyal customer.
    For £405, I couldn’t find anything better second hand or on any of the usual sites…

theotherjonv

How tall is she? No compromise by having 650b wheels?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Bike for person of smaller stature’ is closed to new replies.