Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • The bike Singletrack built
  • MoreCashThanDash

[url=https://postimage.org/]image url[/url]

LittleMissMC first 26″ wheeled bike.

Originally a lardy 30.5lb 2009 Commencal Normal, impulse bought off eBay and not seen till the courier delivered it.

Everything worked in a clunky way. Except the fork. Ceased solid.

You massively generous people provided wheels, forks, tyres, rotors, seatpost and bars.

The wonderful Dave and Simon at Big On Bikes serviced the forks, found a second hand rear mech in the spares box and did a deal on some SLX brakes too long on the shelf. Plus the rest of the 1×10 drivetrain, and some top rate spannering.

Only original parts are frame, saddle, cranks and grips.

Now a svelte 25.5lbs. Needs a test ride tomorrow to get the position sorted.

One excited 10 year old. One happy and poor 47 year old. One jealous 13 year old – who is getting a set of Rebas I was also offered, so he’ll be right soon.

Thanks all.

Furious

I like this post. Nice one!

sandboy

building great bikes for our kids is such a rewarding experience. We know what they need more than they do and when they ride it and come back and tell you how good it is. A great feeling, enjoy tomorrow.

jonnyboi

Totally awesome build for a nipper, love it!

MoreCashThanDash

She had a rigid Frog before this* so the weight penalty moving up to a “proper” bike was always tricky. I’ve probably enjoyed sourcing and sorting this more than the kids. Until I totted up the separate costs….

*Stealth ad!

sharkattack

Bikes are fun. You also meet some nice people through riding them.

MoreCashThanDash

You also meet some nice people through riding buying second hand bits for them

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Looks good. Although she might find it easier to ride if the handlebars were a bit lower!

MoreCashThanDash

Yeah, I think when she has a proper go on it the saddle will go up and at least one spacer will go on top of the bars!

JoeG
    Free Member

Needs a dropper! 😉

MoreCashThanDash

Needs a dropper!

Not under my roof! She’s not that kind of girl.

Stainypants

I’ve just done something similar for my daughter. The finished bike is over 61/2 lb lighter. Just got to space the headset tonight ready for it’s first ride tomorrow.

Stainypants

Double post

MoreCashThanDash

Gentle test ride this afternoon. Bars are a few spacers lower! She is a happy bunny, and so is her dad.

Enjoy tomorrow stainypants

dirkpitt74

That looks like a cracking little ride. Nice work!

frankconway

MoreCashThanDash

Have to admit I mostly just collected the bits, and the LBS did most of the spannering.

But it’s a cracking bike, really pleased with it. Should last her a few years I hope.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘The bike Singletrack built’ is closed to new replies.