• This topic has 34 replies, 26 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by enfht.
Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Time of the month, luv?
  • v8ninety

Upon reading the B&Q paint thread, I have to admit to raising an eyebrow at some 70s style menstruation based punning, and (not so) veiled implications that women spend a quarter of their time incable of rational thought.

My first thought was how old fashioned and cringeworthy it was, and I’m still leaning that way. However it IS a fact that a significant percentage of females often cite their cycle as an excuse/genuine reason (delete as appropriate) for often irrational and occasionally unjustifiably stroppy behaviour. I doubt there’s a man alive that hasn’t been on the receiving end of that every now and again.

So my point is; if some women continue to hide behind/genuinely suffer from menstrual behavioural issues, is it that surprising or inappropriate that some blokes make comments and generalisations about it? In a perfect world, neither would happen, but if women continue to make an issue of it, then it seems fair game for men to joke/comment on it? [/devils advocate mode]

teethgrinder

U OK, HUN? PM me.

(Don’t, though)

cynic-al
    Free Member

That’s like saying it’s ok for drivers to accuse cyclists of jumping red lights because they see the occasional one doing it.

cinnamon_girl

*shakes head*. Speaking as someone who frequently wanted to kill before and during menstruation.

Get over yourself mate.

😉

You forgot to include the menopause. Another reason for wimminz behaving badly.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Has anyone blamed Brexit yet?

Three_Fish
    Free Member

And we all know how testosterone does a really good job of keeping males rational.

hairybiker84
    Free Member

Hmm don’t mention menopause, my wife’s going through it and I’m sure it’s hell for her, no walk in the path for me either 🙁

cinnamon_girl

Guys, you’ve got it easy.

zippykona

Guys, you’ve got it easy.

That could be a matter to debate.
    We work longer, die younger and it’s our job (mostly) to go and be shot at.
    Plus you don’t have to wear too many clothes at weddings. I hate suits.
    Wouldn’t swap though.

cinnamon_girl

Hey zippykona, why wouldn’t you swap? Perhaps you don’t believe what you’ve written? 🙂

zippykona

Hey zippykona, why wouldn’t you swap? Perhaps you don’t believe what you’ve written?

Curtain shopping and getting over excited when a tune from Grease is played!
    (Does the exclamation mark get me out of trouble? )

gemini29
    Free Member

I’d swap in a heartbeat:D

kiwiem
    Free Member

We work longer, die younger and it’s our job (mostly) to go and be shot at.

With the exception of the dying younger bit, I’d love to hear your evidence about working longer and it being your job to be shot at. Or is your start point all women have children and don’t work in the armed forces?

nealglover
    Free Member

I’d love to hear your evidence about working longer

Female retirement age is a smaller number than the male retirement age.
    That should do it

mitsumonkey
    Free Member

Female retirement age is a smaller number than the male retirement age

I thought it was the same now, equal rights and all that.

cinnamon_girl

Curtain shopping and getting over excited when a tune from Grease is played!
    (Does the exclamation mark get me out of trouble? )

No chance!

cinnamon_girl

Really believe that some chaps would make derogatory comments regardless of whether or not they understood the workings of the female reproductive system. Depends on the intent surely?

nealglover
    Free Member

Female retirement age is a smaller number than the male retirement age

I thought it was the same now, equal rights and all that.[/quote]

Not yet no.

km79
    Free Member

This type of joke’s ok, that type isn’t. I can’t keep up, it’s a bloody mess!

MoreCashThanDash

It depends on the intent behind the comment. Obviously women never make potentially derogatory generalisations about men…. 😉

allthegear
    Free Member

Nothing could have prepared me for the onslaught of oestrogen. I knew it would be “a bit emotional” but it’s waaaay more significant than any guy can possibly imagine.

Not a chance in hell of anyone takin it away from me, though.

Rachel

zippykona

To soothe the war of the sexes I shall give a heads up that there’s 20% off at Jones the bootmaker.MAYBH17.
    Mrs Zip’s birthday shoes are now £16 cheaper.

bigblackheinoustoe
    Free Member

I’d swap…just for one night though, and have a field day touching myself all over whilst singing, “I’m every woman, it’s all in me I can read your thoughts right now…”

myti
    Free Member

Listened to an interesting podcast from This American life yesterday about testosterone and it’s affect on personality and behaviour. They had a man on who due to some ailment stopped producing testosterone and he said it was the strangest feeling. He lost all his personality and desire for anything. It really shock him as he thought that his personality was part of him and fixed thing not something caused by some hormones floating around his body.

They also had a woman who transitioned to a man by taking testosterone who found that he became so incredibly horny that almost anything could turn him on and he felt so weird about that.

Things like post natal depression also show what terrifying strong changes can happen to a person due to hormones. So less of the stop whinging about your periods or shut up and take the jokes thanks. Women also have to put up with years and years of taking hormones that increase risk of cancer and depression so blokes don’t have to wear a jonny.

piemonster

Hey zippykona, why wouldn’t you swap? Perhaps you don’t believe what you’ve written?

I wouldn’t swap either, entirely as a result of the shit all too many women have to put up with.

Edit;

I’d swap…just for one night though, and have a field day touching myself all over whilst singing, “I’m every woman, it’s all in me I can read your thoughts right now…”

Apart from the one night clause obvs

brakes
    Free Member

is it ok to mock people for being mardy without associating it with gender or hormones?

Pyro

The Red Dwarf version was sitting on the sofa playing with your new found boobies and singing “Happy Birthday Mr President”.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Its that time of the month.

Out of sympathy Ive necked half a bottle of Pinot Grigo, made unreasonable requests, and acted unreasonable whenever a reasnoble one is made.

I apologize for nothing and neither does she (I got punched erlier for touching the kitchen cabbinets with wet hands).

Edukator
    Free Member

Thankfully PMT and the inabilty to throw things hard and straight are present in the same sex. Advice to other forum members: if the lady is throwing the contents of the knife draw at you don’t laugh, it’s unkind.

On a less light-hearted note, how would you have to feel to pick up a knife and throw it hard at someone? It can’t feel good feeling like that so show some sympathy. I was 20 and wondered what the hell was going on, with hindsight I could have dealt with it better. People on here don’t take the Micky on the depression/suicide threads, for some PMT is just as hard to live with but different and not to be confused.

jekkyl

Yes, I have been on the receiving end of an enraged hormonal female, who chucked a pint glass at my head once. I ducked and the pint glass smote the ruin of a light switch upon the wall. Both broke, and the broken switch served to remind me of the dangers of an emotional female for as long as I lived in that house.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

People on here don’t take the Micky on the depression/suicide threads, for some PMT is just as hard to live with but different and not to be confused.

True, but even people suffering depression rationalise that suicide is a selfish thought and get past that.

Sometimes “you’re being a dick, you know you’re being a dick, stop being a dick and put those knives back in the drawer stop acting emotionally and be rational for a moment” is the right thing to say*!

(I’m not dealing with this long weekend very well)

*over the phone having run away first

vickypea
    Free Member

I often wish I’d been born male. Female hormones are a nightmare.

alpin
    Free Member

it’s a bloody mess!

Have you been looking in the laundry bin? Please elaborate…..

is it ok to mock people for being mardy without associating it with gender or hormones?

Yes

enfht
    Free Member

How do you make a hormone?

Kick her in the shin!

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)

The topic ‘Time of the month, luv?’ is closed to new replies.