Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)
  • big bike bash
  • slowuphill
    Free Member

anyone been to this before? any good? thinking of going with the kids and who like to race / ride..

s

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Well…

Adults £40 a pop, 3 nights camping included, £20 for 12-17 year olds, under 12s a penny.

And for that, you can enter as many races/events as you like. Stuff for the tiny ones as well as the big kids. Live music and proper beer on tap. Relaxed, chilled out festival atmosphere, in a lovely part of the New Forest. Oh and all proceeds to charity.

More info here: http://www.bigbikebash.co.uk/

I’m sure others will be along shortly to big it up….

soma_rich
    Free Member

You shoud come just for the Lake Jump!
    Great riding, Avon Tyrell is now a training camp for the 2011 Olympics.
    Great bands, some of the best local band you haven’t heard of yet but will blow you away
    and the best ale in the south. If you havn’t tried Pure Gold you havnt not lived.
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIGzoQkVxHM[/video]

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    pants
    Free Member

Yepp a great Social family biking weekend!!! 😀

jedi

when is it this year??

soma_rich
    Free Member

20/21 August

peteimpreza

Jedi you going to be there? On the Friday night as well?

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Great weekend. Can’t wait. Not like any other bikey weekend I have ever been to.

And beer.

lucien

Is the camping tents only or is one allowed to bring ones camper van?

jedi

maybe on the sunday. im coaching the 20th

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Is the camping tents only or is one allowed to bring ones camper van?

Lucien; I will endeavour to get some info for you by tomorrow. I think camper vayns should be ok but I’m not sure; will you need leccy hook-up? If your’e self-sustaining then I can’t see why it will be a problem. Might be a limit on the size of vehicle though.

EDIT:

Here at Avon Tyrrell we offer a unique New Forest Camping experience with an electrical hook up area but no evening entertainment as we believe the Forest itself has plenty on offer. Campervans and touring caravans are welcome and we have a chemical disposal point for these, however, due to the size of our caravans and mobile home camping area, we do have a size limit of 15ft for camping vehicles on site.

So, yes, basically, although I am not sure if there is an extra cost to cover leccy and toilet disposal facilities.

For availability or to discuss any of the above information in more detail, please either phone 01425 672347 or email info@ukyouth.org and a member of our staff will be happy to help.

lucien

Thanks Elfinsafety, as it’s only down the road I might just ride from home!

slowuphill
    Free Member

dogs allowed?

redstripe
    Free Member

No dogs sorry (I work there) but I beleive Holmsley Forestry Commission campsite a mile up the road allows dogs. The site can take upto 8 smallish touring caravans or campervans in one area, £3.50 a day charge if you want leccy hook-up, chemical bog disposal place near to caravan/campervan area (no charge). Because of the area limit, do need to know on campervans/caravans and will do on a first come first served basis (call 01425 672347). Hope this helps. Keep buying the tickets, well worth a visit, the charity UK Youth are hoping to raise more this year so we can carry out more cycling improvements/developments.

For those who came last year, you’ll see what the money went on – new northshore, gravity and pump track areas in the wiggly woods which are already getting loads of use by the young people who the charity works with. Money raised by the BBB was the lever the secured funding from others to make this happen.

Good prizes being donated by supporters too. UK Youth’s vice-president and cycling team leader, Magnus Backstedt is coming along to join in the festivities. We want to see him do the gravity track on his Kuota road bike of course, or the lake jump, or the pint to pint racing…

DezB
    Free Member

I had a great time at all 3 BBBs so far and so did my son.
    I’ve heard they’ve booked the good weather again this year 🙂

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

UK Youth’s vice-president and cycling team leader, Magnus Backstedt is coming along to join in the festivities

What, Paris-Roubaix and Tour de France stage winner Magnus Backstedt? 😀

redstripe
    Free Member

yep, been doing a lot for the charity this year http://www.teamukyouth.co.uk and currently commentating on Eurosport for the TDF

DezB
    Free Member

They’re letting roadies in this year?!?

redstripe
    Free Member

Danger of this?

DezB
    Free Member

Absolutely!

soma_rich
    Free Member

If Magnus does race we will need to have to handicap him quite drastically!

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Nobble him with loads of beer?

Pfft. I’ll beat him anyway what with my rad skilz dem. 😆

ton

do you reckon magnus would be up for a bit of drunken sumo wrestling?

😀

peteimpreza

“slowuphill – Member
    dogs allowed? “

No they are not. A rule of Avon Tyrell.

pants
    Free Member

Get your sorry butts to the BBB for a great weekend of, Beer, Biking, fun and frolics!! Fun for all, even if you don’t like biking!!! Enjoyed it for the last 2 years don’t be shy!!!

redstripe
    Free Member

Found thes pictures from last year, looks a bit wet, sunshine arranged for this year

soma_rich
    Free Member

Not seen those pics before Louis. It did look wetter than I remember it 🙂

DezB
    Free Member

Hey, why is that small child smoking?

(One after the BBB pics – http://www.heart.co.uk/southcoast/events/going-out/gunwharf-quays-big-donation/ )

redstripe
    Free Member

Got these bands confirmed for BBB, bit weird but good stage presence

http://www.myspace.com/foulgeese

http://myspace.com/blackcirclesband

2 others confirming this week hopefully, one is

http://www.myspace.com/thebakseats

You still about Rich to help with general stuff?

soma_rich
    Free Member

Bands are looking good! I am buying my tickets on Friday and will be there in force to race for the first time and help as much as I can 🙂

thomthumb
    Free Member

Hey, why is that small child smoking?

portsmouth?

pants
    Free Member

Hey this Pesky event is nearly here and my boys can’t wait!! Me too as it is good fun!!

kerv
    Free Member

Was desperately trying to talk a reluctant wife into this but then lost my job this week so definite no no. More gutted about BBB really!

Muke
    Free Member

bit weird

Not wrong AT maybe the beer tent will help though 😉

pants
    Free Member

At least it aint forcast to rain over the weekend! 😀

soma_rich
    Free Member

There course drain well so the current rain will make it just a little bit faster. I will be there tomorrow!

nacho
    Free Member

Went last year and had a great time, got tickets yesterday for this years (Mrs Nacho dwouldn’t commit to going this year until weather was confirmed as not chucking it down) Just bought my little girl an Islabike so she’ll be putting it to good use this weekend I hope.

DezB
    Free Member

Just seen the band lineup.. Foul Geese! Excellent, some electronic weirdness 😀

soma_rich
    Free Member

Where is the band line up Dez?

DezB
    Free Member

I just meant the bit up there ^^^

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)

The topic ‘big bike bash’ is closed to new replies.