Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • best tyres for MUD & SLUDGE???
  • RagRage
    Free Member

anyone used the Bontrager Mud-X tyre?

tollah
    Free Member

Panaracer Trailraker, end of!

goog
    Free Member

wetscream

tony24
    Free Member

used the mud x and its brilliant 😀

topangarider
    Free Member

mud x here too.

RagRage
    Free Member

is the mud-x best on the front or rear? was thinking of a high roller 2.35 up front

and cheers tollah ..trailraker looks a safe bet aswell

Waderider
    Free Member

I can’t believe there is another thread here on this subject.

My local biking is tarmac interspersed with muddy clag. My Mud X back tyre is wearing out amazingly fast but is okay in mud – I do think some folk get overexcited about the performance. My Panaracer Trailraker is a better mud performer but is very slow.

bigben69
    Free Member

Im in the process of building my first mountain bike, Im going to be doing XC, trails of such like… What tyres would be good??? Cheers

mboy
    Free Member

Trailrakers if you only ride through mud

Bonty Mud X if you ride through mud, but a lot of less muddy ground too

High Rollers/Bonty ACX if you ride all conditions, but don’t really go out if it’s too muddy

bigben69
    Free Member

Cheers mboy,… I don`t think i will be doing anything to extreme, going over the downs, woods,… will always be muddy though!

Clobber
    Free Member

Does nobody use medusa’s anymore? I rate them in the sticky clag…

RagRage
    Free Member

Kenda Karma’s

bullheart
    Free Member

Geax Barro’s.

loddrik
    Free Member

Swampthings

jordie
    Free Member

Panaracers really are the best in very muddy conditions. Mud X are more a alrounder muddy and not so muddy conditions

fotorat
    Free Member

dont forget good heavy wheels also.

when the going gets ultra sketchy I prefer hefty wheels with superior rotational stability or feather weights any day.

the bonty mud X clears superbly and the 2.0 works fine on the rear of full sus

rewski
    Free Member

mud x here

thedyslexic1
    Free Member

wetscream here all the way!!!

Wally

Mud-X or black shark for really dire mud.

superfli
    Free Member

Just put my old Panaracer Spikes on my mates bike ready for tomorrow nights blast over the downs. They are seriously Mud only tyres! Riding on anything but mud is sketchy. I used them on an mudfest enduro race last year and they were fantastic!
    I got Mud X on mine, we have some road riding to get through first tomorrow 🙂

RagRage
    Free Member

Bike Radar seem to rate the Bonty mud-x’s aswell so probs go for one of them on the back …any suggestions for front?? will be riding a 20 miler mainly mud, loose ground with some nasty technical uphill sections

giantjason
    Free Member

another vote here for Medusas. Find them to cut through the mud brilliantly and shed any mud quickly.

superfli
    Free Member

mud x on front as well. 2.0 on front, 2.0 or 1.8 on rear. lexs.co.uk got them for 38 delivered

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘best tyres for MUD & SLUDGE???’ is closed to new replies.