Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 60 total)
  • Best Orange 5 pro deals !
  • reedspeed
    Free Member

Im just in the process of ordering a 5 pro,with upgrades,& wondered whose doing the best deals if any !!!,i have spoke to a couple of dealers,one will give 5% off,the other just wants to give 2 free services,well i can do that,i like the rest of us,are more bothered about saving money…thx in advance.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Buy a bike from a different brand, you’ll get alot more for your cash.

totalshell

buy from your lbs and build a decent relationship with them

reedspeed
    Free Member

buy from your lbs and build a decent relationship with them

Meaning ?

jonk

You’ll never get much off an Orange as the markup is no where near as good as the other brands. Sunset usually have the best deals on them.

nmdbase
    Free Member

Stupid answer alert

stevemorg2

give Sunset in Cardiff a buzz – they can usually do something

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Stupid answer alert

Its a sensible answere surely!

I thought Orange 5’s were for those with more money than sense. Specialized/Giant/Trek/Canyon/Rose all offer a great spec for the cash, backed up with a long warranty.

hugh_b
    Free Member

Rob @ bike active will probably do a great deal on a five. He did for me and a mate a while back. When i was looking around again recently he was the cheapest too i think.

forred
    Free Member

Steels of Gosforth (Newcastle) have 20% off all Orange 2012 Bikes (and every other brand too).

tricky-dicky
    Free Member

15% off at bike active in January

elaineanne
    Free Member

you wont get too much deals off…. ya lucky to get 2 free services (lol 😉 its Orange… your paying for a great bike 😉 ask your lbs tho it doesnt harm to ask 😉 :mrgreen:

reedspeed
    Free Member

forred – Member

Steels of Gosforth (Newcastle) have 20% off all Orange 2012 Bikes (and every other brand too).

Just rang them,& yeah 20% off untill the 31st of jan,so ill be speccing & ordering,i’m happy with that so thx !!

forred
    Free Member

No Probs. I called in today to buy a new spoke and saw the deals. You don’t normally get discounts like that on current bikes. I’m actually waiting for a Black Gold Five from Sunset bikes. Might have to cancel and order a standard Five Pro from Steels 😉 Its a great LBS by the way.

ask1974
    Free Member

I thought Orange 5’s were for those with more money than sense. Specialized/Giant/Trek/Canyon/Rose all offer a great spec for the cash, backed up with a long warranty.

Why make such ridiculous comments. ❓ I tested five bikes including options from Specialized when I bought my Five (plus I’d had a Specialized for years). The Five suited the riding style I was after better than anything else I tried. The OP has made his choice…

Reedspeed I bought mine from my LBS and got a cracking deal. Plus they look after me very well. It’s got to be the best way forward. Do a deal and benefit from a good relationship with them.

skywalker
    Free Member

Why make such ridiculous comments

He probably thinks that because a bike has better spec it will ride better.

He’s the one missing out, don’t let it bother you.

I have noticed he pops up on every Orange thread posting crap.

reedspeed
    Free Member

[/quote]I thought Orange 5’s were for those with more money than sense

Thats the sort of comment id expect to hear from someone who hasnt got one! ,how is the Raleigh Grifter btw?

reedspeed
    Free Member

This is the best deal ive been offered my local dealer offered me 2 free services! ,this deal saves me £800! ,i didnt even need to ask the wife! ,lol

Or 16 Raleigh Grifters like laddos! 😀

skywalker
    Free Member

£400 a service? 😯

reedspeed
    Free Member

Excatley! ,think im in the wrong job!

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Thats the sort of comment id expect to hear from someone who hasnt got one! ,how is the Raleigh Grifter btw?

You havent got one – cos you cant afford it!

I wish I did have one, they look really nice, but £400 for a service? 16 Raleigh Grifters will do me.

reedspeed
    Free Member

Forred! ,id cancel if ya can!!,Having said that Sunsets fone just rang & rang!

creamegg
    Free Member

davidtaylforth – Member

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/private-ownership-of-repetetiveboringunoriginal-threads

Perhaps you should follow your own advice and apply it to your comments too?

forred
    Free Member

I spoke to sunset today and they will call back on monday with an offer of an improved deal. So ill wait and see what they come up with. I must say in fairness to sunset that the chap was fantastic on the phone. He understood my point (i explained the 20% offer) and hes going to try his best to sort me out. Great customer service. I really want the black gold five but with the brakes and hubs off the pro. Picky i know.

mullers68
    Free Member

Just checked their website and there are no Oranges on there, are they just doing orders instore or over phone on Oranges?
    The Trek Fuel EX9 looks a steal at 20% off as well.

reedspeed
    Free Member

. I really want the black gold five but with the brakes and hubs off the pro. Picky i know.

Will they let you do tht? ,i wanted them forks but spoke to orange & they told me theyd only got enuff to cover the 100 black n gold bikes,so ive ordered the talas 36’s,a better fork i know but i dint really want 160’s! ,Orange are good & flexible….i hope! .

skywalker
    Free Member

Why didn’t you order 32 RLC’s? They suck with 160mm forks (sorry but its true, I’ve had both)

reedspeed
    Free Member

Cos im havin an orange bike n want black forx wi khashmir coating n i cant have 32’s in black coz thev got none ! , ill windem down! ,ive raid all the threads ref the geometry being wrong etc, but ive gotta be honest i probably aint good enuff to push either of them to know the differance! .

Itll look mint tho…. All the gear no idea! ,lol

forred
    Free Member

Mullers – Not sure why no Orange bikes on the Steels website, but they have them in store and will order whatever you want.
    Regarding the spec of the black gold – i want the rp23 shock and the maxle. But add them to a pro and its an extra £200. IMO the pro should have the rp23 as standard as it used to have. I’m a bit on the heavy side so I need the maxle. You cant change the spec of the black gold to get the hope brakes/hubs.

reedspeed
    Free Member

. I really want the black gold five but with the brakes and hubs off the pro. Picky i know.

Ditto,but i looked at that and the AM,& the pro works ot cheaper than al ov them with the spec i want i want all the hope options maxle suspenders the lot,shame you cant upspec the black n gold as id av probably had one o them! .

martinxyz
    Free Member

I wouldnt go for cashmere coating.. they feel a bit “wooly”

reedspeed
    Free Member

I thought they were suposed to be the dogs, & have less stiction on the seals! !

ssjeff
    Free Member

reedspeed – Member

I thought they were suposed to be the dogs

Are you mates with flow? 😆

reedspeed
    Free Member

Errr dunno i mite be lol

reedspeed
    Free Member

Errr dunno i mite be lol

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Are you mates with flow?

You mean skywalker surely.

ssjeff
    Free Member

They’re the same person aren’t they. 😉

martinxyz
    Free Member

FURgettit.

<rolls eyes and walks off> :OD

skywalker
    Free Member

Cos im havin an orange bike n want black forx wi khashmir coating n i cant have 32’s in black coz thev got none ! , ill windem down! ,ive raid all the threads ref the geometry being wrong etc, but ive gotta be honest i probably aint good enuff to push either of them to know the differance! .

Itll look mint tho…. All the gear no idea! ,lol

Ahh I see. Couldn’t you just get a black and gold, flog the wheels and brakes, then buy the ones you want or will that work out a lot more?

Are you mates with flow?

They’re the same person aren’t they.

Slightly confused me there.

reedspeed
    Free Member

Ahh I see. Couldn’t you just get a black and gold, flog the wheels and brakes, then buy the ones you want or will that work out a lot more?

Mmm,ya could be onto summert there,but ive fell for mandarin orange! ,& the black n golds a 9 cogger!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 60 total)

The topic ‘Best Orange 5 pro deals !’ is closed to new replies.