Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • Best Headline ever?
  • StefMcDef
    Free Member

Having seen this on another forum a while back, I tried googling it and found out it was an interweb hoax, and not a parting gift from a chief sub working his notice. Gutted! 😥

Hairychested
    Free Member

LOL!!!!!!

chakaping
    Free Member

Some of you may have missed this one, from last year I think…

Explanation of how it happened here.

stevestunts
    Free Member

"Jumping Jack Flash, It's A Gas Gas Gas Explosion"

I think it was in The Sun, a story about Ronnie Wood's yacht being sent up in flames by a onboard gas cylinder.

Although I don't remember the details so well, I distinctly remember covering the pub's copy of the paper with a sprayed mouthful of Guinness.

Three_Fish
    Free Member

A few years ago, the street sellers of the Newcastle Evening Chronicle were often to be heard shouting "chronicle" in various guttural, incoherent ways at regular intervals. They would range from what sounded like an after-dinner belch to the infamous "Ronny Gill".

One day a friend of mine was walking through town and happened to look across at one of the sellers, who was wearing the typical look of deep disinterest and general misery. Without ever cracking his wretched facade, and in the same flat, bored tone that he and his colleagues were synonymous with, the guy shouted, "man kicked to death by one-legged chicken".

franksinatra

Vienna Boys' Choir caught up in Sex abuse Scandal

Article written by Roger Boyes….

justa
    Free Member

Paddy Pantsdown….

The Sun after it emerged Paddy Ashdown had an affair..

jacko54321
    Free Member

http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE6622I420100703

Tired Gay succumbs to Dix in 200 meters

ratadog

Who is John Denver?

A dead singer. Drug overdose I think.

Nope, air crash.
    He did have a history of drunk driving busts but at autopsy he was found to have no trace of alcohol or drugs in the system. Made his name as a country and western singer but made the crossover into general acclaim. Father was a military flight instructor and he himself was a highly qualified pilot. Original speculation was as to possible suicide but he was flying a fairly experimental light aircraft, and the final conclusion was that the crash was a combination of unusual aircraft design, relative unfamiliarity on the part of the pilot and not enough height to recover.

For what it's worth my vote is also for Super Caley Go Ballistic.

alanw2007

Press and Journal, 15 April 1912, reporting the sinking of the Titanic:
    "Aberdeenshire Man Drowned At Sea"

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘Best Headline ever?’ is closed to new replies.